Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Fadaar

That guy
Think that's bad? Try working in aviation. You'll get a part in that's the size of a wallet in a box that's half the size of you.

Pic relevant (what I work on):

g650_aerial_2_1300_580_70.jpg

Think that's bad? Try working in aviation. You'll get a part in that's the size of a wallet in a box that's half the size of you.
Hey! I used to send out those parts, and they need all that packing!

First month on the job, I may, or may not have, used enough packing on a Challenger 601 generator. From the pictures we got, it looked like UPS dropped it a couple 100 times. Repair cost was somewhere in the $70,000 range. I always made sure to over pack everything after that! Don't even get me started on how much packing a Fetzer valve needs!

rrr_img_133892.jpg

rrr_img_133893.jpg

Baek

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's probably easier for them to sort and stack when they are all that size.
I used to work in an amazon warehouse. Every item has been measured and its stats are tied to its bar code, so you scan it to ship out and the all-seeing all-knowing amazon win95 computer says to use XX size box... its actually pretty cool. Some awkward items are horribly wrong, its usually the things that in a secondary container or really flat.

Whenever I get a box now I check the cardboard, it says what city the box was made in.
way too much info on boxes

zngpffk.jpg

Mikey

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Virgin Mobile sent me a Nano Sim Card in a 1' x 1' box. No lie. Corporate America is balls stupid.

Based on my recent experiences with amazon, this box probably contained 1 set of foam ear plugs and a live possum (the ear plugs were an add on item).

Relevant

excess-packaging-amazon-delivers-a-small-rosette-in-a-huge-box-136405572058803901-160428135428.jpg
Oblig:
rrr_img_133898.jpg

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Based on my recent experiences with amazon, this box probably contained 1 set of foam ear plugs and a live possum (the ear plugs were an add on item).

Relevant

excess-packaging-amazon-delivers-a-small-rosette-in-a-huge-box-136405572058803901-160428135428.jpg
I got a SAS Hard drive in one of those boxes. Ordered two. Both arrived in their own box just that big. Yes, they were both defective by the time they arrived.