Century_005_zpscrf9tzuh.jpg

Century_009_zpshbh7vsud.jpg

Century_011_zpsrfhibunr.jpg

Century_010_zpsudayhnpq.jpg

Century_013_zpsonajymd8.jpg

Vinen

God is dead
Gotta admit I miss malls in the 90s.

Spencer Gifts is the only one of those I think is even open still.

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
When Trump says he wants to make America great again, he should be posting old pictures of the 90's.

rrr_img_135931.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
That's pretty much exactly what the Software Etc looked like where I worked in high school. The good ol' days of selling TG16 and Genesis Games, and Single-Speed CD Rom drives for like $500

Some more Richard Garriott in a Software Etc... The boxes on the bottom row crack me up. I spent so much damn time playing 4D Boxing, and I was shocked to learn years later that Mavis Beacon is not a real person at all. SHOCKED

1826023-gar6.jpg

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Suncoast Video, Mothers Music, Babbages games, Structure, The Nature Store....
Structure just rebranded to Express Men, it's been the same company forever. Most of the electronic companies were bought out over time, and ended up GameStop, /shudder.

rrr_img_135939.jpg
rrr_img_135940.jpg

Tenjikuronin

If I remember correctly, back in 2003 or so Limited Brands (Parent Company of Express) sold off the Structure brand to Sears, where it continues to die a slow death....

Structure.JPG

1297452749447_ORIGINAL.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Most of the electronic companies were bought out over time, and ended up GameStop, /shudder.
Not that anyone cares, but in my time with Software Etc we were bought by B.Dalton books, who was bought by Barnes & Noble, who then also bought/merged us with Babbages, we became Babbage's Etc, almost went bankrupt, Barnes & Noble sold us off/liquidated us, the old CEO came back and saved us/bought us and re-branded the company as Gamestop. We then also bought Funcoland, then bought Electronics Boutique. EB is the only brand that was kinda left alone, as EB was a bigger brand internationally outside the US. Software Etc, Babbages, and Funcoland are all gone and under the Gamestop brand now.

mATgPLi.jpg