<Silver Donator>
fc989dd785007a9ca08a884f8cfcd8d7.jpg

• 6Like
  • 5Haram
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 12 users

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Religion does not call one to do nothing nor rely upon supernatural to just do everything - well...not all religions... the advancement of human kind is not anti-religion, and in fact aligns to the core idea that we "mankind" are created in the image-of-God. Why do you look at your image? or create something that comes from yourself, external image or internal (creativity etc)? We are exploring and growing via the base idea that we are the image(s) of God sourced - so using science, exploring the unknown, refining a skill is all stemmed from the Divine spark within us.

Scientific understanding is just "How God did something, in a wrapper of understanding we humans can know/understand" thus that meme reply is stupid, yet- the fist question still stands. The holiday / time off is meant for reverence or celebration of something Atheists do not believe exist in any way... while the reply is laughable.

FRS! PIC!!

those are some serious hoops to have to jump through, reminded me of an episode of Infinite Monkey Cage from earlier in the year where the topic was "is everything we see just a simulation?" and they had a philosopher who trotted out a seriously egotistical "we're conscious because we're special. If you took a brain, and 1 by 1 replaced every neuron with a non-biological component that reacted and responded EXACTLY the same as the biological bit it was replacing; in the end the 100% non-biological brain wouldn't have consciousness"; somewhere along the way it'd lose the spark/mojo/w-e that makes humans special little snowflakes.

monkeycage.jpg
eade5270f4ca461423aa7febb4aaa5b8.jpg
i-tried-it-at-home.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 2 users