person-1440-30-crazy-ideas-party-5-minute-crafts-44k-views-20-minutes-ago-1.jpg

• 3Faggotry
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Ah ok. Did they figure out that it was probably a RTP or firewall issue? Or sell them on new cabling and/or switches?
The client's network vendor was Tata Consultancy, pretty much the worst of the worst Indian IT vendors. Tata spent 2 weeks forcing us to replace the voice gateways on site 3 times (twice via courier, from CT to the very center of NYC, on two consecutive weekends) before they admitted they have no idea how the network at the site was even cabled, let alone how the VLANs routed, which firewalls were involved, etc. Once they recabled everything and mapped out their network routing, the problem went away. We charged the client back thousands of dollars; they didn't pay any of it because the actual client was already in bankruptcy, which I'd explained to my managers before we ever sent the first courier out.

1623688583809.png

PS: I don't work there anymore.

• 5Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 7 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
The client's network vendor was Tata Consultancy, pretty much the worst of the worst Indian IT vendors. Tata spent 2 weeks forcing us to replace the voice gateways on site 3 times (twice via courier, from CT to the very center of NYC, on two consecutive weekends) before they admitted they have no idea how the network at the site was even cabled, let alone how the VLANs routed, which firewalls were involved, etc. Once they recabled everything and mapped out their network routing, the problem went away. We charged the client back thousands of dollars; they didn't pay any of it because the actual client was already in bankruptcy, which I'd explained to my managers before we ever sent the first courier out.

View attachment 358262

PS: I don't work there anymore.
What a shit show.
6.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 358262

Wow thanks for sharing. "Replace the voice gateway" is such a cop out. Do your job, bastards. Or you know, create an entirely new network instead of troubleshooting, whatever works. 🙃

istockphoto-497628484-612x612.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Where the fuck do you find this stupid shit?

GIS for stupid shit.

1623697322048.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users