Funny, Strange, Random Pics

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Ok. Pics later to assuage the gods since I'm browsing mobile, but I assume by fat and insulin resistance that they're referring to Type 2 diabetes which has been shown to be a direct result of diet and lifestyle with some genetic predisposition.

Fat literally fucks up insulin usage. Muscle development can somewhat fix this. I can't stand this bullshit pseudoscience that people do in so many facets of life. It's a goddamn energy balance, you fat fucks. Fat is a direct cause of IR, not a goddamn coincidence.
TLDR: How you look is still completely up to you, though. "It's not fair I am fat because of hormones". Well, boo-hoo. I have to work that much harder to not be fat (I am). Go cry to someone who has cancer. That's way more not fair.

Being sedentary and fat can cause insulin resistance but it isn't quite as simple as that. While I don't know much about/subscribe necessarily to what this guy says,here is some info re: lean/thin people getting Type 2 diabetes. I am one of the folks mentioned there as a "Type 1.5", I slipped into full blown diabetes as I was finishing college football; I was in pretty good shape but I still ended up needing Type 1-style insulin injections. I didn't start gaining weight until I started taking insulin. Years later after a divorce I went on a super-fitness tear for a few years and even eating 1500 calories a day with 4% body fat, I needed a full regimen of insulins. I am still helped by the Type-II resistance reducing drugs, though; I need way less insulin when taking one, so it isn't so cut-and-dried.

rrr_img_49836.jpg

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
TLDR: How you look is still completely up to you, though. "It's not fair I am fat because of hormones". Well, boo-hoo. I have to work that much harder to not be fat (I am). Go cry to someone who has cancer. That's way more not fair.

Being sedentary and fat can cause insulin resistance but it isn't quite as simple as that. While I don't know much about/subscribe necessarily to what this guy says,here is some info re: lean/thin people getting Type 2 diabetes. I am one of the folks mentioned there as a "Type 1.5", I slipped into full blown diabetes as I was finishing college football; I was in pretty good shape but I still ended up needing Type 1-style insulin injections. I didn't start gaining weight until I started taking insulin. Years later after a divorce I went on a super-fitness tear for a few years and even eating 1500 calories a day with 4% body fat, I needed a full regimen of insulins. I am still helped by the Type-II resistance reducing drugs, though; I need way less insulin when taking one, so it isn't so cut-and-dried.
I heard that if you go on a pure raw food diet and stop eating heavily processed food, it'll likely clear up the diabeeetus (type 2, not sure about 1.5 lol). Who knows though.

There's too many variables in the human body for something to work for everyone. I'm lucky in that I've been at 155-160 since I grew to 6'2", no matter how much MTN Dew, candy, ice cream malts, or whatever I eat. People at work want to know my workout regime(I don't workout, I'm allergic to it:makes me sweat!), but everyone's different:

1)Metabolic rate
2)Genetics
3)How your Gut/intestine bacteria interacts with your food.

When I see super fat people, I think to myself that if I could inherit their weight, how long before I get down to what I weigh now? Far too much text in the pic thread, my bad ;\
rrr_img_49837.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I work from home. I can finish an entire work day under 500 steps. I have to work super hard to not be morbidly obese.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
After a lifetime of being healthy, I decided at the beginning of 2013 that I was going to get as fat as I could by not working out, and eating shit, just so that I could have my own evidence of how fucking lazy people are when I ripped right back in 2014. I was 165-170, I'm 200-205 now. I'm 5'9". Gaining that much weight was honestly a huge pain in the ass. I work from home, too, so I could literally get away with less than a handful of steps each day.

rrr_img_49839.jpg

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm

rrr_img_49836.jpg
I'm actually type II myself and I got it by being fucking sedentary as hell outside of doing lifting. I got up to 260lbs at 5'11 and was running a 6.8 A1C and 175-190 glucose. I took 6 months, cut carbs out, started running and sprinting 3-5 days a week along with weight training and have had a year of 5.2-6.1 a1c's (edited because I just looked at last labs and was at 5.2) and average 92 blood glucose. I've spent countless hours reading on it and, no, its not fully cut and dried, but I take a little metformin and have introduced some carbs back and still stay stable. I have never needed or taken insulin. Sometimes "when you catch it on your labs" matters a lot too. Its progressive.

The single biggest change? I no longer eat processed crap and substitute fats/protein for carbs. Labs have been normal for a fucking year and I am sitting at 210 now and its mostly muscle.

I know several thin folks with T2 and its all sedentary + bad genetics (or good genetics that they stayed thin) but its almost all tied to a horrible fucking diet. My ex wife was a size 4 and would eat fucking donuts all day and never gain a lb. I eat like that and I fucking get diabetes. Actually, us splitting up is one thing that helped my lifestyle. She was semi-lazy and blessed with great genetics. I wasn't but its hard to do work if the other half is lazy.

GIS for Energy Balance and diabetes.

rrr_img_49867.jpg

rrr_img_49868.jpg