Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
gmjBini.jpg

• 17Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 20 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don’t know who this guy is, but if they ever build statues for internet people, he deserves one.

0CFA4F17-F5EC-4686-8DD7-A023AA26EBC4.jpeg
Man look at all the fucking hard work Arnie did. And roids.

I’m 43. My bench was 280 last year. I cut. I’m benching about 220 now, but my shoulders are destroyed. My right hip hurts so bad after a 4 mile run that I just want to lay in pain. My knees crunch. There are times I want to say fuck it and Barry Bonds it up too.

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My right hip hurts so bad after a 4 mile run that I just want to lay in pain.

Have you seen an orthopedist? There are things you can do to stave off arthritis, depending on the cause. At 35 I had hip pain so bad I couldn't sleep and had surgery to repair the labrum, reshape the femur, and reduce bone spurs. The rehab sucked balls for 6 months, but eight years later, although I'm still supposed to avoid running, it hurts way less than it did pre-op.

If you keep grinding on it as is you might be in for an early hip replacement.

1652923877217.png

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I don’t know who this guy is, but if they ever build statues for internet people, he deserves one.

View attachment 413104Man look at all the fucking hard work Arnie did. And roids.

I’m 43. My bench was 280 last year. I cut. I’m benching about 220 now, but my shoulders are destroyed. My right hip hurts so bad after a 4 mile run that I just want to lay in pain. My knees crunch. There are times I want to say fuck it and Barry Bonds it up too.
I'm 52. Trust me when I say you can keep going for a long time yet, it just takes longer to recover from shit and sometimes you have to take a break. I ain't benching into the 200's anymore, but I just pretend it is because I don't have a spotter in my basement gym.

And take care of that hip!

1652927375881.png

1652927456527.png

1652927393344.png

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Have you seen an orthopedist? There are things you can do to stave off arthritis, depending on the cause. At 35 I had hip pain so bad I couldn't sleep and had surgery to repair the labrum, reshape the femur, and reduce bone spurs. The rehab sucked balls for 6 months, but eight years later, although I'm still supposed to avoid running, it hurts way less than it did pre-op.

If you keep grinding on it as is you might be in for an early hip replacement.

View attachment 413110
Not always safe to assume that pain stems from arthritis as there are a ton of potential causes for hip pain.

An easy rule of thumb (not a definitive diagnosis) is that osteoarthritis of the hip joint, aka the femoroacetabular joint, is felt in the groin. If it’s anterior I’d be suspicious of hip flexor, if it’s lateral I’d suspect bursitis or IT band, if it radiates I’d start working up nerve/back issues.

2EF1D9C9-ACB4-4C4C-B372-4C14913CC0A7.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Not always safe to assume that pain stems from arthritis as there are a ton of potential causes for hip pain.

An easy rule of thumb (not a definitive diagnosis) is that osteoarthritis of the hip joint, aka the femoroacetabular joint, is felt in the groin. If it’s anterior I’d be suspicious of hip flexor, if it’s lateral I’d suspect bursitis or IT band, if it radiates I’d start working up nerve/back issues.

View attachment 413131
Funny you all bring this up. I just got my MRI results back.

Attachments

• hip.PNG
    hip.PNG
    85.9 KB · Views: 177
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Funny you all bring this up. I just got my MRI results back.
My guess is you have groin pain and you’re a candidate for a new hip.

The good news is that hip replacements are highly satisfying for patients, like one of the highest satisfaction scores of all elective surgeries.

I’ve done 4 so far this week. I don’t recommend watching the videos 😂

A860538F-F042-4117-B5E1-D2D33A9B94E6.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Sure, but given his age and specifics of complaint it seems like it was a good guess. As far as location, I felt mine distinctly located in the front of the hip, right in the joint, rather than the groin. Obviously the MRI is more defnitive than internet doctoring.

Edit: Derp, different guy. My bad.

1652941172346.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
My guess is you have groin pain and you’re a candidate for a new hip.

The good news is that hip replacements are highly satisfying for patients, like one of the highest satisfaction scores of all elective surgeries.

I’ve done 4 so far this week. I don’t recommend watching the videos 😂

View attachment 413136
Still what I picture of you at work.
scared freak out GIF

Unrelated, from my home town.
154302.jpg

Last edited:
  • 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users