2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
how to get locked up in the lunatic asylum back in the way way olden days

rrr_img_52219.jpg

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Roots are 9550 years old. Tree itself few hundred years inc wiki!

"The trunk itself is estimated to be only a few hundred years old"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Tjikko

Great flood 1
not so old tree 0
The trunk may only live for about 600 years, and when one trunk dies another eventually grows back in its place.[2] Also, each winter, heavy snow may push the tree's low-lying branches to ground level, where they take root and survive to grow again the next year[3] in a process known as layering. Layering occurs when a tree's branch comes in contact with the earth, and new roots sprout from the contact point.
Typical fundamentalist, only reads the part that they think is important. Get out of her religitrash.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While the great flood is a 100% bullshit fable... how would a tree that can survive being submerged in snow not survive water? I fail to see how this is proof of anything except that you fags don't like pictures.

moblog_947552.jpe

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The great flood...one of many bullshit stories I avoid talking about in front of my grandmother simply out of love. I'd hate to kill her via my heretic pronouncements.

rrr_img_52261.jpg

rrr_img_52262.jpg

rrr_img_52263.jpg

rrr_img_52264.jpg

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Care to provide any? Should make for some good laughs
the evidence and information on the continuing research is not hard to find if you look it up, or if you spend any amount of time checking out the programming lineup on Nat Geo, Science, History, Discovery channels

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=119949&page=1

http://science.howstuffworks.com/nat...eat-flood1.htm

nobody is claiming that the entire earth was covered in water (since ~2.5 billion years ago, certainly not man's inspiration for the noah story), or that some guy perpetuated all species of animals.. remove your head from the sand!

Callous_sl

shitlord
Care to provide any? Should make for some good laughs
I don't believe anything written in any religious book, but there are a few shreds of truth in each. A great flood is actually mentioned in more ancient texts than just the Bible.

There are some theories that the ancient Earth had an ice ceiling, creating a high-pressure, oxygen-rich greenhouse which would have been the perfect environment for enormous, reptilian creatures to evolve. If the atmosphere is so dense that it's an oxygen-rich fluid that permits enough topical absorption that lungs aren't even required, it would be easy for water-breathing creatures to make their way onto land and survive. Such an environment would have a huge volume of biological material, in both plant and animal life. If such a volume of water and carbon were above the Earth's surface, rather than beneath it,the Earth would have been considerably smallerat that time. Ancient humans would probably even try to build a great tower to reach such a ceiling...

If such an ice ceiling was broken asunder by a meteor, it would come crashing down. Most of it would break into smaller pieces and melt, and the subsequent flooding would seep into the ground and cause the earth to swell and break apart. As the water flowed into the lowest spots created by this catastrophe it would wash away the ground along its path, creating wide gaps between the newly formed continents. All those plants and animals which perished in the water would be washed deep into the cracks and buried until they were eventually drilled into and extracted to be used as fuel. Enough plant species would have been preserved in the form of seeds, and there would have been plenty of large enough shards of ice floating about that many animal species could have survived. Such shards may have even scooped up huge tracts of soil and plants when they landed, and preserved a livable environment during the flood. All those species that relied too much on topical absorption of oxygen, namely the largest dinosaurs, would die off from suffocation in this new environment. The release of magma from deep within the earth must have made great clouds of ash and smoke, and combined with the world's icy bath the resulting cooling would have plunged the Earth into an ice age.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the great flood myth is absolutely plausible, andyou can find something about it in more places than just the Bible.

Oblig
uaEFfHe.jpg

Jive Turkey

Karen
the evidence and information on the continuing research is not hard to find if you look it up, or if you spend any amount of time checking out the programming lineup on Nat Geo, Science, History, Discovery channels

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=119949&page=1

http://science.howstuffworks.com/nat...eat-flood1.htm

nobody is claiming that the entire earth was covered in water (since ~2.5 billion years ago, certainly not man's inspiration for the noah story), or that some guy perpetuated all species of animals.. remove your head from the sand!
There is no evidence that the story in the bible is based on anything in reality. But I like how you try to rationalize your quackery with "of course the world wasn't covered in water" "of course there wasn't a boat full of animals". Doesn't leave much to your tale. Nice sources though

3658664156_4c42622ceb.jpg

Jive Turkey

Karen
I don't believe anything written in any religious book, but there are a few shreds of truth in each. A great flood is actually mentioned in more ancient texts than just the Bible.

There are some theories that the ancient Earth had an ice ceiling, creating a high-pressure, oxygen-rich greenhouse which would have been the perfect environment for enormous, reptilian creatures to evolve. If the atmosphere is so dense that it's an oxygen-rich fluid that permits enough topical absorption that lungs aren't even required, it would be easy for water-breathing creatures to make their way onto land and survive. Such an environment would have a huge volume of biological material, in both plant and animal life. If such a volume of water and carbon were above the Earth's surface, rather than beneath it,the Earth would have been considerably smallerat that time. Ancient humans would probably even try to build a great tower to reach such a ceiling...

If such an ice ceiling was broken asunder by a meteor, it would come crashing down. Most of it would break into smaller pieces and melt, and the subsequent flooding would seep into the ground and cause the earth to swell and break apart. As the water flowed into the lowest spots created by this catastrophe it would wash away the ground along its path, creating wide gaps between the newly formed continents. All those plants and animals which perished in the water would be washed deep into the cracks and buried until they were eventually drilled into and extracted to be used as fuel. Enough plant species would have been preserved in the form of seeds, and there would have been plenty of large enough shards of ice floating about that many animal species could have survived. Such shards may have even scooped up huge tracts of soil and plants when they landed, and preserved a livable environment during the flood. All those species that relied too much on topical absorption of oxygen, namely the largest dinosaurs, would die off from suffocation in this new environment. The release of magma from deep within the earth must have made great clouds of ash and smoke, and combined with the world's icy bath the resulting cooling would have plunged the Earth into an ice age.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the great flood myth is absolutely plausible, andyou can find something about it in more places than just the Bible.

Oblig
uaEFfHe.jpg
Chestnut-breasted_Malkoha2.jpg