DA125B46-00F4-4D84-89BF-7D3AAD7CFA42.jpeg

• 13Repost
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 16 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Here’s a guy that owns and runs a lawn company in Fort Worth. The tree was almost dead and still had to shell out 8k.

View attachment 417168View attachment 417169

so many people will chop down amazing trees to reduce their maintenance. We can’t understand it, if for no other reason the natural privacy they add around your property. Aesthetically an old oak or sycamore has few equals

1655257973416.jpeg

• 9Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

sultanoslack

Trakanon Raider
valley oak.png
Google Overhead view - Spans my lot `60 feet wide and into both neighbors lots.
1655265235761.png

Was feeling lazy so took a street view from the alley behind my house. 100 year old Valley Oak Tree - Quercus lobata - Wikipedia - They grow into the largest oak trees in North America. Mine is well on it's way. Planted from an acorn that the original owners and their girls dug a hole in the backyard, spit in the hole covered it up and voila' 96 years later a monster oak tree. Birds in the neighborhood adore this tree - guess it makes sense, it's a native tree in it's original habitat. Cost $3500 to trim up last summer, probably needs that much every 5-10 years.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Cybsled

Oak Trees are great, but fuck the cleanup. Not only do you have the leaves in the fall, but in the Spring you have to deal with these pollen string fuckers that clog your gutters and get all over the damned place

These fucking things even worm their way inside your car somehow through the narrowest of gaps on their own, like they are burrowing life forms. I spend most of May trying to fish them out of my engine

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 01-36-00 Backyard Nature Where is all that pollen coming from And why...png

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Here’s a guy that owns and runs a lawn company in Fort Worth. The tree was almost dead and still had to shell out 8k.

View attachment 417168View attachment 417169
Nice trees like that are more akin to a paved driveway versus a gravel driveway. Meaning that if you have two homes with very similar features, quality, condition, room count and commute times then the one with the paved driveway or in this case "tree" will be picked. When I dropped around 40k to pave my driveway a few years ago my home did not go up 40k in value, not even close. In fact it might not have gone up at all, but it is a feature that will be a difference maker in a buyer's market. A tree is part of the landscaping and yes overall landscaping does contribute to the value of your home, however, at every tier of purchase price a commensurate tier of landscaping is expected.

I am not saying that there isn't that one person out there that will buy the home only because of the tree and the tree only, but that is not the "market" that is a one off niche buyer. Market value is determined by the actions of the average market participant not the niche buyers. So when you say you would gladly pay an extra 20k for a tree like that are you willing to do it at the expense of a bathroom or a bedroom?

As I eluded to with the buyer's market comment, it is really all about the supply and demand dynamic in said market. In the seller's market that most of the country has been experiencing the last few years homes without landscaping have gone for more a few months later than homes with landscaping. Why? Well it was really about what was available at the time. Hell I have seen cases were condition and quality just didn't matter and a run down home sold for what a completely updated model match sold for the month prior because nothing else was available in that neighborhood. Location is always the number one factor in real estate, which is to say the typical market participant isn't going to choose a home in the ghetto because it has a 300 old tree when they could afford to live in a middle class neighborhood without a tree in sight.

1655275947765.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Landscaping is a lot easier to fix than a lot of things. Just spending one of your days off working on it for a year and you can accomplish a shitload in the course of just a year for very little money. Hell, I completely reshaped someone's back yard for about 400$ by renting a tractor for the weekend. If you're too lazy for that, just toss 10k at some professionals and you could fix a lot of shit.

• 18Faggotry
  • 1Repost
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 20 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Landscaping is a lot easier to fix than a lot of things. Just spending one of your days off working on it for a year and you can accomplish a shitload in the course of just a year for very little money. Hell, I completely reshaped someone's back yard for about 400$ by renting a tractor for the weekend. If you're too lazy for that, just toss 10k at some professionals and you could fix a lot of shit.
1655285974101.jpeg

Post pics in the FSR, homo.

• 10Like
  • 1Repost
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 11 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
so many people will chop down amazing trees to reduce their maintenance. We can’t understand it, if for no other reason the natural privacy they add around your property. Aesthetically an old oak or sycamore has few equals

View attachment 417175

I got 8 trees on my property: 2 black walnuts, 2 sugar maples - both 50-60 ft tall. Then I got another one out front thats a 40-50 footer, I think its also a walnut but not sure what kind. A pair of japanese maple trees and a flowering dogwood tree. Had to trim 5 of them this year, previous owners didnt do much

• 23Faggotry
  • 3Like
  • 3Garbage
Reactions: 29 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I got 8 trees on my property: 2 black walnuts, 2 sugar maples - both 50-60 ft tall. Then I got another one out front thats a 40-50 footer, I think its also a walnut but not sure what kind. A pair of japanese maple trees and a flowering dogwood tree. Had to trim 5 of them this year, previous owners didnt do much
And yet not a single picture in the FSR.
youtube animation GIF by Channel Frederator
8y0-TtmQ.jpeg

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
4534CE05-F25B-43FC-9505-39D7B613F57E.jpeg

Post pics in the FSR, globohomo.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 11 users