Obig pic.

1660574821769.png

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Thirteeeennnnnth!

And since a pic is required, what the hell kind of name is Soap?

soap-warzone@2000x1270-1-1392x884.jpg
Soap is the name you get when they finally realize you're dropping it on purpose while showering with 5 other guys.

1660576119980.png

• 3Like
  • 2Ice Burn
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thirteeeennnnnth!

And since a pic is required, what the hell kind of name is Soap?

soap-warzone@2000x1270-1-1392x884.jpg
I would imagine you earn the nick name "Soap" either one of two ways in the miliary.
1. You're the first one to put soap in your pillow case and beat the ever living fuck out of someone held down on their bunk.
2. You're the one being held down on your bunk. You smell like soap, now.
You can generally look at the person being called Soap and know which one they are.

A "Blanket Party" isnt some made up shit.
hqdefault.jpg

Video

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I know a dude whos business was to buy sandstorm damaged Mercedes Benz high end sedans from Saudi Arabia for almost nothing. Ship them to the US, swap out the sandblasted glass, re-paint them, add some missing collision bracing in the doors to make them US legal and then flip them. They were always newer models with super low miles and he would make $8-10k per flip.

One he found was a pristine mid 80s turbo gas beast. When he popped the trunk it had a weird electronic module mounted under the lip. We scratched our heads and finally figured it out, it was a dock to plug in one of those old Motorola Bricks and a charger for 2 of the batteries, there was a teeny micro antenna too. We fished around the rest of the car and found a panel in the center console with a key pad and a volume knob. The whole system was a really spiffy OG hands-free carphone system many many years ahead of its time but now super obsolete.

Back in the mid 70s my Father's best friend was a US special forces soldier who by then had a comfy job at the local US navy base. My Father always talked of him as the most intelligent man he had ever gotten to know, and that is saying a lot. He was one of those guys who only needed 3 hours of sleep a night. He'd go to bed with his wife around midnight, get up at 3 and go do his "hobby" which was marine architecture. Anyway, he also did lots of funky shit such as make his own ammo (he was apparently a sniper in Vietnam) for when they went hunting, but he was also an electronics wizard. He lived in a small town just by the base (about 5k population back then). Anyway, he set up one of these large HAM radio antenna at his home and then put a large antenna on his jeep. He then connected his home line to the HAM radio, and then the antenna on his jeep to a phone he mounted there. When someone called his home line and he wasn't home, it would be transmitted to his jeep and he could talk to folks there. The range of it was probably a few miles. Amazing what intelligent people can do if they get the chance.

image_2022-08-15_181043872.png

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Back in the mid 70s my Father's best friend was a US special forces soldier who by then had a comfy job at the local US navy base. My Father always talked of him as the most intelligent man he had ever gotten to know, and that is saying a lot. He was one of those guys who only needed 3 hours of sleep a night. He'd go to bed with his wife around midnight, get up at 3 and go do his "hobby" which was marine architecture. Anyway, he also did lots of funky shit such as make his own ammo (he was apparently a sniper in Vietnam) for when they went hunting, but he was also an electronics wizard. He lived in a small town just by the base (about 5k population back then). Anyway, he set up one of these large HAM radio antenna at his home and then put a large antenna on his jeep. He then connected his home line to the HAM radio, and then the antenna on his jeep to a phone he mounted there. When someone called his home line and he wasn't home, it would be transmitted to his jeep and he could talk to folks there. The range of it was probably a few miles. Amazing what intelligent people can do if they get the chance.

I work for the FAA as a repair technician (communications) and the smartest guy I know is also a HAM radio guy. This guy is smart enough that he was given a job and then cut out other shit he wanted to do and they assigned him full time to the shit he carved out for himself and gave his responsibilities he was originally hired for to someone else. The shit he took on was orders of magnitude harder than his original responsibilities and that work interested him more. He is retiring this year and has no one shadowing him to replace him and we are going to be fucked when he goes. Thankfully he likes everyone in my shop and he gave us the keys to his little kingdom but the learning curve is going to be steep.

photos_MountLagunaAFSCAradioequipment-77.jpg

• 11Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 11 users

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I had to google that because it seemed unreal. Seems more like Sasha being a Diva than Naomi. Why would you ever pay for that picture? I have dozens from trips to a WrestleMania, SummerSlam, and Royal Rumble, but I would never pay for one that looks that ridiculous.

1660600187821.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users