More weekend oc:

20230910_085305.jpg
20230909_214821.jpg

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Never heard of gi Joe, is she cute?
Transsexuals.. no, I prefer the real thing..
Also the merican rip off is ok too
View attachment 490069View attachment 490068
What's funny is I had the Robotech Fighter as a kid and kept it ( still have it in a box someplace ) and it is identical to the transformers except decals basically.
1694355901478.png

Transforms exactly the same. Was this the first use of China/Taiwan cross breeding identical products with different names that now happens with well, everything?

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What's funny is I had the Robotech Fighter as a kid and kept it ( still have it in a box someplace ) and it is identical to the transformers except decals basically.
View attachment 490094
Transforms exactly the same. Was this the first use of China/Taiwan cross breeding identical products with different names that now happens with well, everything?
it all has to do w/ transformers(hasbro) becoming a mega hit and since cartoons don't make money, only toys do, they had to get many new toys ASAP

like g1 tranformers (first year) it was good guys autobots (cars) vs. bad decepticons (planes)

so they just grabbed whatever they could from japan and one of em was, "hey bandai, that valkrye, yea let's license him and we'll call him jetfire"

notice, that was the real macross/robotech valkrye, not this "oops, harmony gold (macross american owners) are gonna copystrike us, lets make this abomination"
220px-Jetfire_G1.webp.png

the one i had was this one, the original tv version
Strike-08.jpg

i think it had more accessories, like the cheap clip on missles for the wing, and you can remove one of the rocket things and attach a dual cannon.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users