Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Tenjikuronin

11262993_10153316862637442_2836175334309247124_n.jpg

iss_spacewalk.jpg

a99ff500-f3ff-11e4-99bf-ed0d19010661_AP661555905173_2.jpg

apraetor

<Silver Donator>
Is it a big deal though? I mean most water that you'd be using with a hose outside your house our whatever wouldn't have much limescale and the likes in it, but it prob varies country to country and Ive no clue if X country has shit tonnes of Y in its tap water. Though if a car gets flooded in seawater(gets stuck on a beach) if you tow the car and let it utterly dry out the car can be saved easy with bit of work, if you try start it, or if you take the battery out it'll fry the fucker and you prob just had to write off ?30,000. And sea water has lots of salt to state the obvious :p

rrr_img_97830.jpg

The scale of the electrical components is a factor. The pins on a CPU (just as one example) are very close together, so it only takes a small amount of deposited material to cause a short. Voltage and current tolerance bands are also narrower by comparison -- small deposits in a car door switch or something similar might get burned off by the shorting, eliminating the short; these comparatively more robust components can survive transient spikes which sensitive electronics cannot.

rrr_img_97843.jpg

businesscats_sl

shitlord
I work for them. This morning I woke up to my phone blowing up by coworkers telling me about this. Then family and friends asking me if I was ok (it was in Philadelphia, I live in & work out of California). Now I'll have to listen to a bunch of bullshit at work and take even more useless safety classes because of this. I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that the engineer either blew a signal or he went into the turn way too fast. If either of those are true, and they aren't dead, the conductors and engineers just lost their jobs and wont be able to work in the railroad industry ever again.

Picture somewhat related. I took it last summer in Colordado, which is boring as hell.

rrr_img_97858.jpg

Edit: 'The National Transportation Safety Board said the train was traveling at 100 mph, twice the speed limit on that stretch of track.' God damn what a way to get fired.