Asshat Caepan

Asshat of the Year 2020
if u broke stay from around me

4yXSUpE.png
Hey, 513 area code-- that's me down the 'Natti

rrr_img_104833.png

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really? I heard it was good and then heard a conflicting report that said he threw the rest of the six pack away.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really? I heard it was good and then heard a conflicting report that said he threw the rest of the six pack away.
Basically take your standard root beer and add a slight alcohol after taste and you've got that stuff. It's 5.9% ABV I don't drink a lot so like 2-3 of them gets me good and buzzed.

2mk5q4V.jpg

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
a) it's just another of this generations alco-pops. The 90s and whatnot had the alco-Sprites (zima, et all), today it's the lemonaids and colas and root beers. If you like the underlying soda (and can stomach a slightly subpar version of it), and you like alcohol/malt beverage, you'll like this. That said, there are quite a few different flavor profiles for different root beers, imo, much more than the difference between the cola's.

b) For me, a bottled NYFRB was ehh to fine. Good enough rootbeer flavor, but a slightly unpleasant malty/hop'y aftertaste. AkA just another one of those drinks you keep tipping back so you only hit the aftertaste after you no longer care what it tastes like. I'd be interested to see if the 10% and 20% draft versions have stronger/worse aftertastes; or if they're more cocktail-ish.

I love me some Ginger soda though, and I was pleasantly surprised when I ran across Crabbies. Not a super Angry ginger beer on the soda side (such as some of the Jamaican imports); with no after taste. Very much a ginger beer and vodka thing.

rrr_img_104834.jpg

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Cider is freaking huge in Western Canada right now.

So much so that this is now a thing.

BL_APPLE_glass%5B13%5D%5B10%5D_0.jpg

not to mention

CR_REGAL_APPLE.jpg

Best part is you can now get a GREEN dice bag !!

My wife has been drinking a ton of these, they are not bad but i cant have more than 2

206b8632-640.jpg

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I have never had a taste for beer, but love a good hard cider. Don't really like a lot of the "let's make a faux cider malt beverage like apple flavored Zima" angle some places are going. Which means my fridge is stocked with a combination :

d2K0DSG.jpg

My wife loved this while it was available. (can't find any in Dallas anymore)
Woodchuck-Chocolate-Raspberry-960x720.jpg

And lately the wildcard flavor
Ace-Pineapple-Bottle-Six-Pack.jpg

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have never had a taste for beer, but love a good hard cider. Don't really like a lot of the "let's make a faux cider malt beverage like apple flavored Zima" angle some places are going. Which means my fridge is stocked with a combination :

d2K0DSG.jpg

My wife loved this while it was available. (can't find any in Dallas anymore)
Woodchuck-Chocolate-Raspberry-960x720.jpg

And lately the wildcard flavor
Ace-Pineapple-Bottle-Six-Pack.jpg

That pineapple is fucking legit, however, I think their pumpkin is the best. Here is a picture of my refrigerator last fall, I had to had to harass the vendor for a month to try and get a case (sweet talked him into 3) since it's so hard to find and they make such a small amount, otherwise you're lucky if you find a six pack.

rrr_img_104842.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually sort of tried the not your father's root beer at happy hour yesterday. But the bartender gave us her new thing (probably not her invention) of making a shooter out of the rootbeer and rumchata, calling it a root beer float shot. Not bad, just a sweet tasting shot and generally kinda weak but I'm sure chicks would dig it.