Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had these:

4340244506_21cfa45d3e.jpg

general_front.jpg

Rubiks-Q-Bert_sl

shitlord
Anyone remember this gem?

80's cartoons were fucking awesome. M.A.S.K., G.I. Joe, Transformers, Thundercast, He-Man. When i watch cartoons with my son, it's always the same drivel and learning friendly bullshit like Dora the explorer.....the 80's didn't teach you shit, except in the last minute of the cartoon where Duke tells you you cannot throw trash on the street. Concerned bible thumpers really killed the awesome cartoons we grew up with....and the majority of us didn't turn out to become homicidal axe wielding maniacs.

My favorite as a kid.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Jumping back to 80's cartoons... I just want to know how. Fucking. Stoned. the people were who came up with Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.

"OKAY... SO... WE'LL TAKE THE STAR WARS MODEL. WE'LL HAVE LIKE A LUKE SKYWALKER KID WHO HAS SOME SHITTY POWER LIKE THE FORCE. THEN WE'LL HAVE A HAN SOLO GUY BUT HE'S LIKE A SPACE PIRATE AND HAS A SPACE PIRATE SHIP. OBI-WAN WILL BE A STRAIGHT UP WIZARD. WE'LL HAVE AN ANNOYING ROBOT THINGY AND... LIKE A LITTLE GIRL PRINCESS. BUT NO WAIT! WAIT! THIS IS THE BEST PART! THEY'RE GOING TO FIGHT EVIL MUTANT INTELLIGENT PLANT MONSTER TRUCKS IN OUTER FUCKING SPACE! THIS IS GOING TO WORK! HAND ME THE BONG AGAIN..."

Main person behind that was J. Michael Straczynski, incidentally. He had a whole story arc planned out including the ending which was going to be a full length movie. After it got cancelled he moved on to...

5Fp2unT.jpg

Which was fuckingdarkfor a merchandising-driver kids show. Afterthatgot cancelled he tried selling a concept to Paramount about a Star Trek series set on a space station with a multi-season long central plot that would eventually turn into a war. They rejected it (then launched DS9 a while later) so he re-wrote it and called it...

sjCcaGt.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hmm there's only one 80's cartoon song for me
(this guy basically redid the old ass music video w/ scenes from the bluray)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Every time a "toys of our youth" discussion gets going I'm reminded that none of you seemed to have had any Micronauts. The Battle Cruiser was the big rig piece in my assortment back then.

e00f1b49093e7e9344087e39659de86d.jpg

Hornetroid and Terraphant were the second tier.

Hornetroid.jpg

terraphantairfix.jpg

The box art for Hornetroid is some of the best to come out of that era of toys.

7202072390_be07481607_o.jpg

DavivMcD

Peasant
Afterthatgot cancelled he tried selling a concept to Paramount about a Star Trek series set on a space station with a multi-season long central plot that would eventually turn into a war. They rejected it (then launched DS9 a while later) so he re-wrote it and called it...g
It was Babylon 5 from the start. He created and wanted control of all the backstory and universe of the show. He had pretty much the entire outline of the 5 season plot ready when he pitched it to Paramount. Only major rewrites were to replace characters due to actors leaving, and he condensed the original 5 year plot to 4 years when he wasn't sure PTEN would be able to keep the show running for all 5 years. Turns out his guess was pretty good; PTEN shut down after the 4th season, but luckily TNT picked up the show for the 5th season.

rrr_img_109207.jpg

rrr_img_109206.jpg
rrr_img_109205.jpg