Grimsark

E7EYsOZWUAozHrM.jpg

• 21Worf
  • 1Midwit
  • 1Like
Reactions: 22 users

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
speaking of the planes of power and the rathe council.. some of me mates and i discovered a few juicy exploits back in the day, wish i still had the hard drive with more photos. the only 2 i was able to locate are these in the plane of water. they patched the game so the average joe could no longer do this exploit easily, but we (not me) discovered that weapons/shields would retain their mass when dropped on the ground from your inventory. doing so would elevate your characters physical position on the Y axis. You could stack them and by dropping multiple weapons you could in effect push yourself up through a wall if it had an inward slant/angle. like a cathedral wall or say a tunnel in plane of water..oooorrrr the zone entrance wall of Plane of earth b*... OR you could build a literal stairway to heaven and push through the "ceiling" of a "zone box".*story time below to prevent rambling* fucking hell as i recall all this i really wish i had more of the screenshots. ANYHOW, if you still had your original discs, i believe up to velious or perhaps just kunark,..you could copy a file named gequip.s3d or some variation of that from the hard disc copy of your game and replace the patched file then bypass the patching process with a 3rd party softwhere when starting the game.

so first picture explanation pretty simple. this is what the zone box and void of plane of water looked like. you could levitate after pushing through the wall and sort of stay suspended in the void, or you could plunge into the water box and access basically any room in PoWater you wanted. when agro'd mobs pathing would bug and they would remain in place but stuff didnt evade like it does in say wow. you could just nuke them to death. we quickly realized certain boss mobs would summon you to your death. made untold amounts of platinums. for one we would farm the rare named Kraken for high end spell runes that typically required a raid to acquire. there were 2 small rooms full of regrua crabs that would bunch up and a wizard/mage could easily AE down solo or duo for absolutely fucking retarded exp (AA points) literally like 3aa per clear.. they also dropped claws to make Bucket of crab legs that was the BIS stat food and made bank from that with a cornered market. after a while i was down there one day and one of the boss mobs before coirnav was up so i started nuking it from the void above water box expecting to get summoned and die. slowly but surely i got it past the threshold for boss summoning whatever it was 96-97%ish and to my surprise i was not being summoned so i kept going. basically i accidentally realized that if you were above the void, but still above the room the summoning mob was in with Line of sight you would be summoned, BUT if you were positioned hovering over a side room from wherever the boss was it could not summon you. would have taken way too long solo but eventually all 3 of us used this new found method and 3 manned content that i think was taking full raids of like 70ish people at the time? this story continues into the 2nd photo which has a few subtleties as well as what was essentially our servers first spawning of the coirnav ring event. that one i did solo.
1627184981761.png

More plane of water exploits, one of the mini bosses was Krziik the Mighty who commonly dropped Kelp Hilted Mace (pictured 7x for the 7 casters in guild we looted it for) or face raper 5000. was a neat little toy that had an insane 450dd proc that went off damn near every swing it felt like. was especially great for OOM or PVP casters. he also dropped bracer mold for planes gear. we used to kill it then log in a friend/buyers account to loot the ones we couldnt use/already had. the shield of innoruuk in bottom chat box was the best item for the ladder exploit detailed above due to size and PUSH.
1627184963359.png

and sadly not pictured are the plane of earth exploits using the stairway to heaven. in plane of earth A right at the zone in, you could push yourself up and eventually to the ceiling. once off your platform you would start sinking. So, with Selo's a clever bard alt could zoom from the ceiling at zone in alllllll the way down to the door where the 6 hour ring event finally concludes your attunement to plane of earth B. And without the need to click on the door, you could just drop in through the top/side/back of the area behind the door and obtain your PoEB attunement without requiring like 80 people to do a literally 6 hour event. almost as long as this post. when a future patch eventually fucked up my bards plane of time attunement a GM had one hell of a time figuring out why i couldnt get in anymore. he made copies of my character and took him a good long while then eventually was like so it looks like your character never completed the plane of earth ring? i was like ohhh thats weird...well thanks.

on to plane of earth B. right at the entrance the zone wall slanted slightly inward and you could push through right there. if you recall poeb theres a point where you drop down a tunnel or some shit so the zone box becomes significantly lower where the council convene. So with Sow/levitate you could just BARELY make the run to the "water box" (like above photo) of the moat that surrounded the edge of the rathe council area, and catch the water to swim back up and through the floor of the moat. if you didnt boost high enough at entrance or run fast enough you would miss the water and slowly sink through the void. we used this method to COTH the raid whenever without parking a mage but ALSO. As a wizard clearing 7aa an hour it was no issue to train a useless AA point like Strong Root. Which actually worked on the rathe council for an opening CC. i would instant abscond myself to entrance and monk would finish pull, and using the boost at entrace could run back down to the fight.

master class over.

• 10Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 16 users