Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Spare

Vyemm Raider
1636391222109.png

Nice place to visit but I would not want to live there!

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
It's crazy how many of these animals mankind managed to kill off in North America over the last 12,000 years. RIP.

cb4093a35a507ba326a1a8b8089b1fce.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's crazy how many of these animals mankind managed to kill off in North America over the last 12,000 years. RIP.

View attachment 381199
Was a mix of multiple things that likely caused their extinction. Humans hunting them, drastic climate changes, and disease. The most plausible theory only came to light a couple of years ago (which also lends credence to climate change and humans) is that asteroids just big enough to cause a localized shift in North America's climate hit in that time frame (11000-13000 years ago). The Younger Dryas Event (mini ice age). The largest hits in South Carolina and Greenland. The resulting change in climate had far reaching results, in where any animal (human or mega) had a hard time feeding themselves. Causing over hunting etc. This has been proven not only by dating the impact areas, but the fossilized plant life make up across most of North America. Im sure you're old enough to remember that scientists "smoking gun" theory about Dinosaurs extinction didnt have wide spread adoption until the early 80's to 90's.

8xones4mqru41.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Was a mix of multiple things that likely caused their extinction. Humans hunting them, drastic climate changes, and disease. The most plausible theory only came to light a couple of years ago (which also lends credence to climate change and humans) is that asteroids just big enough to cause a localized shift in North America's climate hit in that time frame (11000-13000 years ago). The Younger Dryas Event (mini ice age). The largest hits in South Carolina and Greenland. The resulting change in climate had far reaching results, in where any animal (human or mega) had a hard time feeding themselves. Causing over hunting etc. This has been proven not only by dating the impact areas, but the fossilized plant life make up across most of North America. Im sure you're old enough to remember that scientists "smoking gun" theory about Dinosaurs extinction didnt have wide spread adoption until the early 80's to 90's.

8xones4mqru41.jpg

Yes, many factors indeed. I've spent a considerable time researching the end of the last Ice Age and I haven't come across anything significant pointing to any major celestial impacts in North America preceding the Younger Dryas event. The closest to support this theory is either an air-burst or impact against the ice sheet itself around northern Minnesota, supported by certain geological features in the region. I am also aware that there is evidence to support massive wildfires in North America around the same time as well as the presence of nano-diamonds in the geological record.

Do I believe an asteroid caused the onset of a cooling period? Most likely, but we still only have pieces to the puzzle. No definitive impact site (at least in North America).

The Cretaceous extinction is another interesting event. I believe the impact in the Gulf of Mexico ruptured the Earth as the shock wave passed through the crust and caused the Deccan Traps in India when the shockwaves converged, further choking the atmosphere. So the scientists were "half" right about what caused the Dinosaurs to go extinct. I think impact events have caused a lot of the volcanic hot spots we see across the globe due to the shockwaves and convergence of them.

comet-hitting-earth-0216211.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 381204

Seen this and thought it was bullshit so did some googling...come to find out its true

You want a zombie apocalypse, cause that's how you get a zombie apocalypse

I for one cannot wait for all the things that come with the discovery of the Spice Melange buried just beneath these worms.

EDIT: Bah forgot to upload my pic

1636401296723.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users