Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Deadpool_sl

shitlord
The idea behind camber is to provide better cornering, but these guys are just being faggots.
Actually the idea behind negative camber is to give a better control of you vehicle in general and not just cornering. These guys are faggots and it looks retarded. i didnt even know it was a thing, i just thought they didnt know how to lower thier cars.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Camber angle alters the handling qualities of a particular suspension design; in particular, negative camber improves grip when cornering. This is because it places the tire at a better angle to the road, transmitting the forces through the vertical plane of the tire rather than through a shear force across it. Another reason for negative camber is that a rubber tire tends to roll on itself while cornering. The inside edge of the contact patch would begin to lift off of the ground if the tire had zero camber, reducing the area of the contact patch. This effect is compensated for by applying negative camber, maximizing the contact patch area. Note that this is only true for the outside tire during the turn; the inside tire would benefit most from positive camber.

On the other hand, for maximum straight-line acceleration, the greatest traction will be attained when the camber angle is zero and the tread is flat on the road. Proper management of camber angle is a major factor in suspension design, and must incorporate not only idealized geometric models, but also real-life behavior of the components; flex, distortion, elasticity, etc. What was once an art has now become much more scientific with the use of computers, which can optimize all of the variables mathematically instead of relying on the designer's intuitive feel and experience. As a result, the handling of even low-priced automobiles has improved dramatically in recent years.
tl;dr unless you are driving in the le mans 24 hour, youre a fucking douchebag if your wheels are not zero camber

8xovo7.jpg

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
More importantly, who the fuck rollerblades?

rrr_img_44742.jpg

rrr_img_44743.jpg
That guy made big news a while back about all his posings and would actually show up on bases dressed like that.

Back when everyone was running around in lowered trucks they had a huge amount of camber because they would just cut the spring and the tire would lean in instead of getting a drop spindle. Having too much camber does nothing for your handling in a straight line. That's what caster and toe in are for. Camber is to help when you get lean in a turn and none of those are using that. I guess I live in the wrong part of the world I've never seen cars like that.

tumblr_lr4d4mezy91qjfan5o1_500.jpg

Zylon_sl

shitlord
tl;dr unless you are driving in the le mans 24 hour, youre a fucking douchebag if your wheels are not zero camber
Wrong. You do not know what you are talking about. Small negative camber is very normal even stock on many performance vehicles. These ricers just don't know what they are doing and probably replace their tires 5x as often as they should need to.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That stupid extreme camber is done for nothing but looks(and it looks fucking retarded, in my opinion). That said, you adjust camber for a number of reason, so to say anyone who changes their camber is a douche is douchey in and of itself.

rrr_img_44774.jpg

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Wrong. You do not know what you are talking about. Small negative camber is very normal even stock on many performance vehicles. These ricers just don't know what they are doing and probably replace their tires 5x as often as they should need to.
I bet you have a kn air filter installed to increase your mpg dont you?
That stupid extreme camber is done for nothing but looks(and it looks fucking retarded, in my opinion). That said, you adjust camber for a number of reason, so to say anyone who changes their camber is a douche is douchey in and of itself.
No it its a fact. Cars come from the factory about as good as it gets for daily use.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No it its a fact. Cars come from the factory about as good as it gets for daily use.
You said 0 camber and Zylon corrected you. Some cars come with adjusted camber stock. Also, people change things after they get their car. New suspensions, wheels, etc. Or are you also insinuating that changing anything from stock is 'douche'? If that's the case, then yeah...we'll agree to disagree.

Gonna hook this baby up with some nice 25" rims and set camber to warp-drive.

rrr_img_44793.jpg

Deadpool_sl

shitlord

8xovo7.jpg
All newer vehicles come with a slight bit of negative camber, front and rear. Google is not always right.
rrr_img_44794.gif
Top left is positive camber. Top right is negative camber. If your not a total idiot you can easily tell which looks more stable.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Key wordslight. So little it is more or less unnoticeable. If you are having to adjust your camber for yourdailydriver youre doing something wrong.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Factory camber settings for my car is -1 degree at the front and -2 degrees for the back. That's a relatively aggressive profile from the factory. To see it you need to squat looking head on at the tire and even then it's only barely noticeable. Ive driven it with 0 degree camber all around after some clown school drop-out fucked up my alignment adjustment two years ago, and at the wheel that little camber adjustment is quite apparent in the turns. If I'd track it I would be looking at something like -2/-3 which still isnt noticeable from the side. You really cant see camber from the side until you talk of a dedicated race car and even then it's not that much.

tldr : everyone agrees those fags are ruining their tires and their cars cant handle for shit. However, camber is important but you don't need much.

We're talking of guys who think those teeth look good ffs

rrr_img_44795.jpg