smile.png

D2aVnha.gif

SdA01M8.png

XJPV9cI.gif

Jait

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_48911.jpg
rrr_img_48912.jpg

To be fair, I'd totally take the normal looking Jessica Simpson over her so called skinny days.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
If you insist...

You understand the differences between the novel and the film...right? My unit had copies of both, and while we'd tongue in cheek spout the jingo from the film, my copy of the book passed through many hands and sparked actual conversations amongst us downtrodden grunts.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah the difference is books make you think where as movies allow you to gloss over the facts and mindlessly enjoy it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The book is one big recruitment letter for the Marines written by a guy that never saw combat. Tons of combat zen honor glory duty Semper Fi wank. I'll stick with The Forever War thank you for much.

The movie is a big, weird satire from I think a crazy person. If you haven't listened to the commentary track than listen to the commentary track. It'sinsane.The message is "if you join the military you become a fascist."

Jais

Trakanon Raider
The book is one big recruitment letter for the Marines written by a guy that never saw combat. Tons of combat zen honor glory duty Semper Fi wank.
So unless you've seen the elephant you can't comment on war? Call John Keegan's ghost. And by your own standard, your over simplification of what you deem to be our standards is also moot. Good day Sir!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So unless you've seen the elephant you can't comment on war? Call John Keegan's ghost. And by your own standard, your over simplification of what you deem to be our standards is also moot. Good day Sir!
Arb did his time in the military, though I don't remember if it was Army or Marines.

zjF1iOj.jpg

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Arb did his time in the military, though I don't remember if it was Army or Marines.
My B then. Bulk of my/his argument still stands depending on his MOS.

Didn't know he served in whatever capacity. So I remove some of the ire from my initial response.