Funny, Strange, Random Pics

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Seems like the legal equivalent to playing "I'm not touching you". Parody Law or not, common sense dictates they'll lose their future legal battle.

not-touching-you.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
In order for the "fair use" law to be used; it must not infringe on the business that would have otherwise gone to the company they are using the copyrighted material from. So if they are "parodying" the Starbucks logo; then they would have to prove that the customers drinking their "parody" coffee/art wouldn't have normally gone to Starbucks.

I'm willing to bet they expect to lose any court battle, but are doing this instead for publicity until the injunction.

Jazser_sl

shitlord
Plus the coffee is free. A lot of start up fees for a joke. I agree this has to be an attention grabber for something much larger...curious to see how this develops. Now if the infringement clause wasn't there...I'd be all in for a Dumb Amazon, Dumb McDonald's, Dumb Chipolte, Dumb Walmart etc....

Duppin_sl

shitlord
All they're trying to do is bait Starbucks into a legal battle so they can play the "Starbucks crushes little local coffeeshops" card in the media.

I used to work for Starbucks and dealt with trademark issues a lot. Something like this will go right past their usual policy of trying to resolve these things amicably, since there's zero chance of this being a misunderstanding or just a slight infringement. Those, they usually try to deal with out of the courts, quietly.

Howard Schultz will make it his personal mission to crush these people. It'll be fun to watch.

Jobitz_sl

shitlord
Feminists just need to get laid. Unfortunately they are all hideous. GIS for "Typical Feminist"

rrr_img_59943.jpg
rrr_img_59944.jpg
rrr_img_59948.jpg

This dude probably has to beg women for sex
rrr_img_59946.jpg

Northerner

N00b
Evernothing_sl said:
Map of Calgary for Needless, Eomer and any other Alberta posters.
Pfft. I am neither a hipster nor young and sure as fuck am not an artist. I'll admit that I'm surrounded by a bunch of them but no where near the numbers that were in Kensington. It's dink condo central around here now.
rrr_img_59951.jpg