Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jesus christ, that's like 14 years ago son. But yea. I apologize for anything I may have said or done back then as I was like 13.

1npPx.jpg
Plane of Fear was good times.

rrr_img_3646.jpg

1npPx.jpg

rrr_img_3646.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Try competing with other people using SEQ. Then you'll really have some trololol moments. Quill corpses everywhere
tongue.png

rrr_img_3623.jpg

Miss this show.

rrr_img_3624.jpg
Surprisingly didnt compete with anyone, odd considering how showeq/macroquest was on Vulak.

tongue.png

rrr_img_3623.jpg

rrr_img_3624.jpg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
PEMDAS motherfuckers!

6/2(1+2)=x
6/2(3)=x
6/6=x
1=x
The left to right rule really only applies to division and
subtraction. PEMDAS takes priority.
It's more clear if you rewrite division and subtraction as multiplication and addition instead.

6 * 1/2 * 3 or 6 * 0.5 * 3

You multiplied 3 by the denominator 2 to get 1/6 instead of 3/2. Also with PEMDAS since division is really multiplication by an inverse (not counting zeros), you do division at the same time as multiplication so order shouldn't be an issue in this problem. It's 430am here atm so I may not be saying this clearly.

rrr_img_3662.jpg

rrr_img_3662.jpg

Flank_sl

shitlord
I hope you guys are not serious
frown.png

2(1+2) is not the same as 2 * 3. 2 * 3 is two constants and an operator. 2(1+2) is a single constant. You don't have to perform operations to make 2(1+2) = 6, because it just is 6. Therefore, 6/2(1+2) is the same as 6/6.

Forget PEDMAS or whatever you learned in kindergarten, brackets are just another way of writing a variable or constant. You could just say let 6 = dog and have the question as 6/dog, makes no difference. (I realise someone who actually studied maths can explain it better, I am decent with numbers, I fail horribly at expression)

rrr_img_3681.jpg

frown.png

rrr_img_3681.jpg

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
What you said is dumb. Parentheses cant be both a variable and a constant at the same time because those two terms are the opposite of each other. You are not decent with numbers.

PS. Replying to Flank

Krowbar

Molten Core Raider
I hope you guys are not serious
frown.png

2(1+2) is not the same as 2 * 3. 2 * 3 is two constants and an operator. 2(1+2) is a single constant. You don't have to perform operations to make 2(1+2) = 6, because it just is 6. Therefore, 6/2(1+2) is the same as 6/6.

Forget PEDMAS or whatever you learned in kindergarten, brackets are just another way of writing a variable or constant. You could just say let 6 = dog and have the question as 6/dog, makes no difference. (I realise someone who actually studied maths can explain it better, I am decent with numbers, I fail horribly at expression)

rrr_img_3681.jpg
2(1+2) = 6 is not "just because it is". It is more of a protocol that mathematicians have agreed to long ago. Had they agreed to some other order of operations, that same equation would have a different result.

In reverse polish notation, the same thing would look more like "6 2 1 2 + * /"

frown.png

rrr_img_3681.jpg

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
It's just proof that math and numbers are not real and we should never let them decide anything. ANYTHING.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
PEMDAS motherfuckers!

6/2(1+2)=x
6/2(3)=x
6/6=x
1=x
Dumb
Number next to parentheses can omit the * symbol
Rewrite

6/2(1+2)=>6/2*(1+2)
Now clearly
3*(1+2)

You guys claiming 1 are acting like being next to parentheses is like being inside. Dumb