Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Asshat Caepan

Asshat of the Year 2020
rrr_img_72911.jpg

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Now that Star Trek: the Next Generation is on Canadian Netflix I've been watching it for the first time...

...and I can't stop.

I haven't even reached the point where Riker gets his beard and it's pretty engrossing. Who knew?
Yeah I just went on a massive Star Trek binge recently and found myself really enjoying it, to my surprise. I had to be talked into it, I've mostly avoided star trek for years as being too cheesy after watching some of the movies as a kid (though I do like First Contact, which I know gets a lot of hate by the hardcore fans, but fuck em), but I was really disappointed when I ran out of DS9 and so I decided to give TNG another go (I watched the first season ages back and stopped half way through - skipped to S2 this time). Then I was even more disappointed when it ended and turned to Voyager, which finally got fairly good in the last 3 or 4 seasons. Now I'm trying to decide to between Enterprise and it's universal scorn or TOS and it's 60's aesthetics. And in the meantime watching Babylon 5.

Speaking of engrossing and TNG:

deanna_troi.jpg

Although that pic is actually her cameo in Voyager, she turned into a bit of a milf (that cleavage + my one piece fetish, yes please). Even the 80's hair and spandex couldn't kill her hotness in TNG.

Although 7 of 9 is even hotter.

humanerror_209.jpg

Sadly I couldn't find a pic from that episode where the doctor made her a brunette in the holodeck.

And then there's Dax. Both of them...

I think this calls for a poll.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
Yeah I just went on a massive Star Trek binge recently and found myself really enjoying it, to my surprise. I had to be talked into it, I've mostly avoided star trek for years as being too cheesy after watching some of the movies as a kid (though I do like First Contact, which I know gets a lot of hate by the hardcore fans, but fuck em), but I was really disappointed when I ran out of DS9 and so I decided to give TNG another go (I watched the first season ages back and stopped half way through - skipped to S2 this time). Then I was even more disappointed when it ended and turned to Voyager, which finally got fairly good in the last 3 or 4 seasons. Now I'm trying to decide to between Enterprise and it's universal scorn or TOS and it's 60's aesthetics. And in the meantime watching Babylon 5.
You can think of TNG and DS9 as a single story because of all of the overlap. They introduced Bajor and the Cardassians in TNG in preparation for the new show in which those races would be central to the story and gave us Ro Laren to help define how Bajoran women acted, Sisko's story begins with the attack on Wolf 359, a disaster which defined his existence and created animosity between the new Commander and Captain Picard who was Locutus at the time. Some of the earliest DS9 episodes bring back TNG fan favorite charecter like Vash and the Duras Sisters and Worf even becomes a central character after a few seasons. Voyager missed a lot of opportunities to tie the show back to TNG and DS9 but didn't bother with any of the setup (example, Chacotay should have been from the Native American planet Wesley Crusher and the Traveler wound up on in Cardassian space, Tom Paris should have been Nicolas Locarno). DS9 did a great job of connecting itself to it's predecessor in such a way that it becomes a true offshoot of that story instead of just another Star Trek series.

Oblig
rrr_img_72933.jpg

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Meh. I thoughht she was hot in the first episode with longer hair, but after that, give me Dax any day. Even the second Dax had this whole ''weird/cute'' thing going on. Also the Bajoran makeup makes the nose look kinda piggish from the wrong angle.

(example, Chacotay should have been from the Native American planet Wesley Crusher and the Traveler wound up on in Cardassian space, Tom Paris should have been Nicolas Locarno)
I had the star trek wiki open pretty constantly while watching and iirc. they said that Tom Paris originally was supposed to be Nicolas Locarno, but that they felt he was too villainous to then turn into a main character, so they created Paris.

A photo of McNeill as Locarno was later used as a photo of young Tom Paris on Admiral Owen Paris' desk in the Voyager episode "Pathfinder". His uniform from this episode was later sold off on the It's A Wrap! sale and auction on eBay. [2]

Nicholas Locarno - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki
As for Chacotay, I didn't think of that thing about the other Indian planet, but you're right, it would have tied in.

Speaking of Chacotay, one of the things that always bugged me about him is that once he becomes a part of the Voyager crew he's basically instant BFF's with Janeway, while Tuvok is described as one of her oldest and most loyal friends, and yet they're almost never seen together in any context other than that of a regular captain/officer relationship. It was just a weird discrepancy that annoyed me, probably because I liked Tuvok as a character and that aspect of his role was basically cut to give more to Chacotay.

And holy shit Tom Paris has not aged well:

Robbie_McNeill.jpg