KpqLwNW.jpg

AbC4dS2.jpg

9GJnLPL.jpg

7C8pceM.jpg

z8x6bPi.jpg

LzIF5Ec.jpg

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Please continue to spoil butt stuff like this. Thank you.

qC1K1VN.gif
Travel speed too low, that's why it's pretty colors. Looks nice, but causes porosity and ruins the strength.

bad-weld-01a08.gif
That color can also be caused by certain gas mixes. At work we have some welds that always come out cool colors that we send out to get tested as they go in to air craft and color has nothing to do with how good or bad it is.

apraetor

<Silver Donator>
Speculor reflection color is a function of the nitrogen/oxygen/hydrogen incorporated into the lattice. Turning old medical radiation therapy equipment into x-ray photoelectron microscopy rigs is very profitable. What part of the aircraft do you guys weld? Most of my customers ask to have titanium/aluminium with detectable contaminants rejected. But that's for turbine/compressor blades.

xclinac-21ex.mth25925_200_200.jpg.pagespeed.ic.08YFRgHI4u.jpg

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I did Pizza deliveries, I remember a customer, female, who had a bunch of healed up scars on her forearms.

As I left I made sure to fire off a remark about her weight. "And you're eating Pizza, really??"
kidding.

- - - - -
rrr_img_83293.jpg

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Speculor reflection color is a function of the nitrogen/oxygen/hydrogen incorporated into the lattice. Turning old medical radiation therapy equipment into x-ray photoelectron microscopy rigs is very profitable. What part of the aircraft do you guys weld? Most of my customers ask to have titanium/aluminium with detectable contaminants rejected. But that's for turbine/compressor blades.

rrr_img_83295.jpg

We generally weld floats for level control inside of the gas tank or other liquid areas or mechanical pressure switches. Here is an example of a good weld. I could change the speed on this part all over the place and it would not change the color. This particular part is tested several times per year by an international plumbing society. It has looked psychedelic since we started making it in 1973. We have had zero returns for porosity or failure through the weld. It is made from 304L.

I weld and design with pretty much exclusively stainless steel alloys (303, 304, 316, 450, Hastelloy, etc).

Ghetto216

Golden Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_83307.jpg

That's a good looking weld man. I don't weld anything as exciting as airplane shit, I weld stainless steel ovens. Mostly 304. Some galvanized stuff as well like the oven bases and such. Here is a corner weld on a oven face I have to do.

rrr_img_83295.jpg

We generally weld floats for level control inside of the gas tank or other liquid areas or mechanical pressure switches. Here is an example of a good weld. I could change the speed on this part all over the place and it would not change the color. This particular part is tested several times per year by an international plumbing society. It has looked psychedelic since we started making it in 1973. We have had zero returns for porosity or failure through the weld. It is made from 304L.

I weld and design with pretty much exclusively stainless steel alloys (303, 304, 316, 450, Hastelloy, etc).

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Turbine blade theft a problem in your part of the world?

RT62-1-1E_2nd Stage Power Turbine Blade.JPG

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
A lot of jet engine components utilize inertia welding. For example the HP compressor ...

GE90-115B-trimetric-with-callouts-d40545--Hi-Res_lg.jpg

... will start out as 5-6 individual disks that are roughed to size, inertia welded into a spool, then finished to spec.

And there are certain advantages to welding a blade rather than using blade inserts. Welded blades allow you to make the engine lighter, since the load bearing requirements of fan disks that use inserts require a heavier construction to support the forces that the blades are subjected to during operation.