Future Man

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I just finished it too, what a great show. There were far more laughs to be had than from any standard comedy that I can remember watching in a long time.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

sole

Molten Core Raider
Great show. Would love to see Cory Wolf-Hart guest hosting on Chopped, and only speaking Na'vi.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
"I found the best future, and it's in the past -- right now, 1985"

That line cracks me up hard.

Its been a long time since I've wanted to watch anything twice, and I've still got two episodes to go of this, but I might watch it again already pretty soon. Great show.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm so excited for this. When my girlfriend gets home in a half hour we're gonna dive right in. I bet we finish most of it in the next two days.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Watched the first episode...

God damn it, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard seeing another man's schlong.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i love this show. i never liked josh hutcherson, and he seems to know that. the whole show is about putting him in the most humiliating scenarios imaginable and he just rolls with it.

by all rights it should be terrible, but there's a certain "b" level pinache to the production and it just works. the nonsensical storylines, the mediocre but tongue-in-cheek acting... this show is the very definition of the whole being greater than the sum of it's parts.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm 4 episodes into season 4 and I don't like the atmosphere. Wolf is pretty great, but he always was.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, i think there was a couple episodes near the early middle that were more hit or miss with me, but it picked back up after a few episodes

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Half way through, so far not quite as funny as S1 but still damn good. Mainly S1 episodes had more variety, this is dragging a bit because all the episodes are about the same.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
finished it last night. last episode felt a lot like the end of Ash vs. Evil Dead, which makes it feel like there won't be a season 3 =/

this season was pretty good but not as good as season 1. hard to top season 1 tho. we ended up having to force ourselves through a couple of the middle episodes this season, whereas season 1 we pretty much spent every free moment binging it til we finished it all.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Finished this season last night. Imho it was a pale comparison to season 1 with the exception of the last episode, which was about the only one that was able to elicit a vocal laugh. The whole "cluster" nonsense with Wolf was gay and not nearly as entertaining as the '80's scenario in the first season. Stu was one of the worst parts of season 1, and they brought him back as probably the #1 character in season 2 in regards to screen time.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i am usually a major nitpicker when it comes to depictions of time travel in fiction. i always spend too much time focusing on the impossibilities and the things that would cause paradoxes and etc. so it's kind of funny that a fucking comedy actually has my favorite depiction of time travel in all the sci-fi i've ever watched. i'd have to rewatch the series to even think of a single complaint i have with the way they presented time travel. none of the silly Back to the Future style people fading from photographs schtick, no strange loops, just blunt alternate timeline creation.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just started watching this since I got a free sub to Hulu. How have I never seen this before?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Just started watching this since I got a free sub to Hulu. How have I never seen this before?

Occam's Razor, Mandela Effect. From your perspective, this show didn't exist until your universe combined with ours. Or you could have been busy doing other shit.

• 1Worf
  • 1Blown

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I also, just binged this a few weeks ago, then did an immediate rewatch with my wife. Can not say enough good shit about the show.

Apparently there will be a third, but final, season.

• 2Like