Game of Thrones - Telltale

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator

Came out earlier this week. Usual Telltale romp. QTEs, dialogue decisions, ect. You play as 3 minor POV characters between season 3 and season 4.

Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Natalie Dormer, and Iwan Rheon all do voices in it. Looks like more will do it as the season progresses. Bit more realistic art direction in the animation where the uncanny valley hitshard.

One of the POV characters, Ethan, has probably the worst voice acting I've ever heard. He's seriously just reading his lines out loud from a cue card it seems.

But you don't have to worry about that for very long

Good ending but I'd probably wait till the whole 6 episodes are out and on sale. B-

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
I thought this was fucking awesome. Walking Dead was just kinda "meh" for me, but this... goddamn. I was sweating every decision, especially the two scenes with
Ethan in Ironrath and the scene between Mira and Cersei in Kings Landing.

When I play games with multiple dialogue options, I always play along a character line -- in Mass Effect I played Shepherd as a good guy hero. In Walking Dead I played Lee as a close-to-the-vest pragmatist...

But in this game, I was shooting from the hip every time, because I know how insanely devious the GoT universe is. Every decision had implications that could snake into the other two storylines. I loved how
as Ethan you're forced to make a decision on how to handle Ramsay without knowing whether or not Mira's play at Margaery's help will actually work... I chose 'diplomacy' as my option for Ramsay, with the hope that Margaery would successfully elicit Joffrey's help... when I got the news that I was fucked right before Ramsay showed up, my heart sank. Awesome feeling to get from a video game

I also didn't have any beef with Ethan's voice acting. I thought it was pretty damn good. I also thought Dinklage was really good too, considering the debacle that was Destiny.

Aside from a few bits of lag and visual bugs, I give it an "A" and can't wait for part II.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just zipped through Episode 2. For me, it wasn't as intense as Ep 1, but was still highly enjoyable.

I saw Kotaku do this, and I thought it was interesting. Basically, post your choices for the 5 main decisions, along with your reasoning behind each one.

Did you forge Margaery's letter?

Yes -- Maybe it was a desperate move, but I asked for Margaery's help in the previous episode, and although she tried, King J shit all over that idea. I figured "I have to take matters into my own hands" at this point, considering the fate of my entire family rests on the decisions I make here. I get the sense Margaery is going to find out about this and have me killed. But that's OK; Mira is a pretty boring character anyway.

Did you kiss Lord Whitehill's Ring?

No -- fuck that fat bastard. In Ep 1, I tried to walk the line between stoicism and pragmatism with Ethan. I tried to appease Whitehill and Bolton's bastard, and it got me stabbed in the neck. Now that I'm getting a second chance, I'm telling everyone to fuck off.

Did you obtain Rodrik's betrothal to Eleana?

Yes -- Although I had Mira forge Margaery's letter, it was all for nought because Eleana saw through the bullshit. But I played it cool and honest as Rodrik and won her anyway, without having to give up any Ironwood.

Did you stand up for Cotter after he stole Finn's knife?

Yes -- After bungling a bunch of choices and quicktimes during Tuttle's initiation at Castle Black, I took on a real "fuck it" attitude during the tail end of this storyline. I was sick of both Cotter and Finn's bullshit, but more sick of Finn in general, so I let him eat shit and stood up for Cotter.

Did you Kill Mira's attacker/Did you keep or throw away the knife?

I killed the fuck out of that jerkoff and kept the knife. I like my little slave bro (I owe him a few favors anyway) and figure he could be an essential ally in a place where I have almost none, so I stabbed the fuck out of that Lannister guard. I'm not 100% sure why I kept the knife, but considering I've turned Mira into somewhat of a rogue at this point (I had her drink the wine too) I figured why the fuck not keep the knife. Hopefully she would be smart and chuck that thing in the ocean rather than the bushes, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Trying to wait til they finish the season to pick this up, but friend is telling me it's amazing. Must...resist.