Game Streaming Services - Stadia, Geforce Now, xCloud, PS Now

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, Farming Simulator might actually make it on the list of games for our LAN this year, lol. Never played it though.

Feel like I've gotten a dozen free copies of Tomb Raider at this point.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Ghost Recon Breakpoint releasing this week and will have the stream connect feature briefly shown in one of the videos.

at-the-top-right-of-the-screen-players-will-be-able-to-see-exactly-what-their-teammates-are-seeing.gif

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Typhoon Studios acquired to develop original content for the platform.

I haven't watched this, but this is the game they were showing at E3:

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Thumper and Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration added for subs to claim this month.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
So looks like they're going to moneyhat some devs and get timed exclusivity for 10 titles this year. Nothing else really of note in their roadmap they touched on:

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
February Stadia Pro freebies:

Gylt (the only exclusive on the paltform)

Metro Exodus

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
More competition out of beta: Geforce Now.

Today, the company’s finally ready to let North America and Europe sign up to pay for its GeForce Now service, starting at $5 a month, while also offering unlimited one-hour free trials that don’t even require a credit card.​
...​
Unlike Google, Sony, and Microsoft’s offerings, Nvidia has a very different pitch. It’s your existing library of PC games that you can now play anywhere, instead of having to buy new games and / or subscribe to a Netflix-like catalog. Nvidia supports Steam, the Epic Games Store, Battle.net, and Uplay, and it runs instances of each for you in the cloud. You can log into your accounts, download many of your existing purchases near-instantly to your cloud desktop, sync your old save games, and pick up where you left off in a couple of minutes at most — no patches necessary.​

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
GeForce Now is the shittiest product name you could have come up with. Should have gone with CoronaVirus at Home

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
More competition out of beta: Geforce Now.

Today, the company’s finally ready to let North America and Europe sign up to pay for its GeForce Now service, starting at $5 a month, while also offering unlimited one-hour free trials that don’t even require a credit card.​
...​
Unlike Google, Sony, and Microsoft’s offerings, Nvidia has a very different pitch. It’s your existing library of PC games that you can now play anywhere, instead of having to buy new games and / or subscribe to a Netflix-like catalog. Nvidia supports Steam, the Epic Games Store, Battle.net, and Uplay, and it runs instances of each for you in the cloud. You can log into your accounts, download many of your existing purchases near-instantly to your cloud desktop, sync your old save games, and pick up where you left off in a couple of minutes at most — no patches necessary.​

You cool with me renaming this to a more general cloud gaming thread title?

• 1Like