Games to play with your GF/Wife?

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
What good games are out there on the phone / boardgames /cards that are fun and your lady friend likes?

Right now we play words with friends (good) and draw it (its a bitch to draw anything on my phone screen) and cribbage in person. I am thinking of getting Mice and Mystics to see if she likes "geek games" but I'm looking for other 2 player suggestions.

When we are with others she also likes Catan, clue, House on haunted hill, etc.

What other games have you all had good luck with?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ankh Morpork is basically the perfect board game these days. They remembered board games have to be simple so you don't waste half the evening with the rules, and it's on a time limit so games don't take forever and turns are fast.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pathfinder Card Game, Eldritch Horror and Descent 2e are our goto list right now.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Catan and Monopoly deal. Monopoly deal is a funquickcard game based on the board game, its pretty fun 2-6 players.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah.. monopoly deal is pretty legit. I'll second that one.

Like somebody else said.. bitches love the 3DS XL, and AC (though animal crossing isn't really.. multiplayer)

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
On a related note, I've been looking for console/PC games to play with my wife, co-op like, if anyone has suggestions on those.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
my girlfriend actually liked diablo 3 on the pc and console versions.

and she is not a gamer at all.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Carcasonne is a good game. It is fun with 2 people but you can play with more as well. I have the board game but it's on the apple and play stores as well.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The best game for wives and girlfriends.

91QpGqjjGAL._SL1500_.jpg

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
good topic.. I'm always on the lookout for games I can play with my fiance.. to be honest, they seem few and far between.. maybe that's due to my general taste in games

she doesn't dig scary or violent stuff.. she'd rather watch me play than play herself, even better if the game lends to collaborative input.

in the past, we've enjoyed LA Noire (albeit not the best game) because she could help me make choices with interrogations and crime scene exploration... but once the driving/combat ensued, the controller was all mine. Same with Red Dead Redemption. While she was interested in GTA 5 in short bursts, she was turned off by the violence and the contemporary setting.

anything console based that has a good story for her to watch while I play?

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Just the tip.
my wife and I enjoy playing hide the salami
Those sound way better then her favorite "How long can I hold out and not put out because she thinks its funny to torture me" game. Gotta love that shit.

I tried to get her into Minecraft as she really liked to watch me play but she didn't get into it even with me sitting next to her to help her with the steep learning curve. I am not sure if the Pathfinder card game is too "Lava Goblin" as she puts it AKA geeky, so I might have to try the Monopoly one. I see that Ticket to Ride can be played with 2 players. Has anyone had any luck with that?

As for the 3ds that isn't happening as she has an iPod and that is her version of "geeking out".

Edit: I just watched a review of Pathfinder and there is no way she would be able to play that. I tried the DnD boardgames because I thought there were "easy" to learn and she just kept asking me what to do and was obviously not having any fun but was doing it because of me. Now you get her to play Dixit or Cards Against Humanity and its game on.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Descent 2e is Geeky as hell, but its really simple.

Eldritch unlike Arkham is quite simple to understand.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We haven't found a lot of two player games that we can play together. She was enjoying the lego LOTR and Harry Potter games, but I fucking hated them.. I played them for her. Got her into WoW, but she was terrible and refused to play with others.

For a fun party game you could try Cards Against Humanity.

Cybsled

Get her to play a healer in a MMO and have her be your heal slave...I mean companion.