Gamestop - No More Digital Bundles

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As much fun as it is to hate Gamestop and look forward to the day they go the way of Blockbuster and other relics of the past, this doesn't really seem like a bad thing for consumers. I still prefer physical media for console games even though I never trade in the games I buy, simply because games are huge now and PSN is so fucking slow. They can't even saturate 50Mb, let alone 100Mb which is increasingly more common in the US. Only real downside to physical media is that blu-ray drives are loud.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm a fan of physical media as well. This is good news for both Gamestop and consumers. They want you to trade in physical games for their own profit and you can also recoup some money

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm a fan of physical media for many reasons, but the primary one will always be that if I own a console and a disc-based game, nothing can take my power to play that game away from me, short of destruction/theft. Digital is all well and good, but it is quite unsettling thinking about the fact that I can't protect my digital ownership nearly as well as I can my physical things. That stuff can be taken away from us outright, or we can suffer the effects of some sort of internet catastrophe, and all of a sudden we lose everything we don't currently have downloaded.

Bleh! I'll always prefer physically owning my things.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I have no issues with physical media nor downloads. I generally only download games I know I'll play many times over the years. Physical media is great and it creates several industries like Gamefly and Gamestop which create jobs. Perhaps shitty jobs to some but jobs none the less. We've lost enough of them over the years I'd prefer that trend not continue just for the sake of getting rid of a disc and padding Microsoft and Sony's pockets.