Gaming Supplies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Possible Stickie?

Posting of must get items for gaming. Board gaming, pen and paper, cards, dice, figures, sets, best stores, current deals, how to make items, etc.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Dice Tower DIY

Step by Step instructions for building a dice tower from foam core | Miscellaneous Game Accessory | BoardGameGeek
pic614398_md.jpg

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Can't recommend enough the fantasy flight card holders for any of your remotely heavily played games. Can't imagine what my BSG cards would look like dozens of games in.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Can't recommend enough the fantasy flight card holders for any of your remotely heavily played games. Can't imagine what my BSG cards would look like dozens of games in.

I'll second that. if you are spending $70,$80,$100 on a board game buy some sleeves for the cards. Most boardgame cardstock is a little flimsy and glossy and can show wear and tear easily so sleeving them is the best bet.

Also if you buy a Fantasy Flight board game they show you how many packs of sleeves and the size you need right on the back!.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I've been trying to find some foam core / foam board in Japan for a few days now with no luck. Trying to build actual sets for my D&D campaigns.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Buddy of mine has turned me to EVA Foam. Its the stuff you can get for kid's play areas and weight lifting flooring. I have been looking at using it to recreate some papercraft stuff. From what I have seen, you can plasti coat it and paint. In many of the videos I have seen, you can heat up and brand the foam to give it details also besides cutting, sanding, layering it.
Check out some of the videos, some ppl are using yoga mats, others are using the weight flooring and others are using the kids play matting. You should have some options to some foam in Japan. Not sure on the price difference and choices, but if you can find that plastidip stuff it will harden pretty much any of that foam. Depending on the foam you might just heat it up with a torch or heat gun to close the air cells in it to get it to stiffen up.

There is a ton of videos for the cosplay stuff but from the use of it you can make some great models with the stuff!
good luck.