Geforce 390 in Dell T7400?

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hey all,

Been out of the hardware game forever ao thought i’d ask here. My buddy gave mema gefore 390 to use. My tower is an old dell precision t7400. I cant get it to boot with that card but im not sure if its a non supported hardware issue, or power. The 390:has a dual plug setup 3x4. The power supply on the old gtx i had in there was 3x3 which worked fine. And i have the proper 3x4 plugs coming from the power supply but dont know if thats good enough?

Any help would be great.
Thanks peeps

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Hey all,

Been out of the hardware game forever ao thought i’d ask here. My buddy gave mema gefore 390 to use. My tower is an old dell precision t7400. I cant get it to boot with that card but im not sure if its a non supported hardware issue, or power. The 390:has a dual plug setup 3x4. The power supply on the old gtx i had in there was 3x3 which worked fine. And i have the proper 3x4 plugs coming from the power supply but dont know if thats good enough?

Any help would be great.
Thanks peeps

Might was to post this over in Computer Issues

You also might want to be more specific as to what GPU you have. Manufacturer and specific model.

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Hey all,

Any help would be great.
Thanks peeps

The older Dell T series workstations are notorious for having issues with certain GPU architectures/bios. The best place you could probably ask is the Dell forums as these issues are not well known outside of the dell community.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I actually have a T7400, but all I've done with it is slap a SSD in it and use it as a Plex server.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Isn't GeForce 390 the driver version? What's the actual card?

What's your power supply? The T7400 is pretty old isn't it? I see it ships with Vista support. I wonder if it's on a legacy bios and your newest card is UEFI