Gen V

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I somehow made it out alive after owning two. Ive had my fair share of minor wrecks, though. One hip is higher than the other and as long as I'm active, it never gives me any problems. But I know when I get old and immobile, they better have some next level pain meds. I loved my bikes so much that one girlfriend, .. which could ride my dirt bike fine, wanted to drive my motorcycle. She had no idea how to steer it and rolled that shit right into a ditch. I ran over and got the bike out of the ditch to make sure it was okay. Didnt check on her once. Years later I realized how big of a jerk I was, but now its just funny to me.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The article only mentioned no one else was hurt, so wouldn't surprise me if it was just a classic situation of a rider losing control on a turn for whatever reason (like being drunk or going too fast) and dying.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I’m 40. Went to a small high school I. The country, maybe 200 people in my graduating class. Smaller school district.

I’m in the age of opioids and more people I know of from high school have died in motorcycle accidents than from drugs.

call me gay and old but ri a motorcycle has to be the dumbest shit on the planet for youth. Everyone thinks a crotch rocket is a great idea till you evaporate on the highway
Gotta be suicidal to ride one these days. People had a hard time paying attention before phones, and now...no way. People drive with their heads up their asses and that's before you take phones into account.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Like I said he was prolly being an idiot at 27. No one involved ect, you can have have a tire pop or whatever. Even people doing casual riding is scary to me these days, my neighbor has lost 3 husbands 2 from doing bike trips on the coast.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
my neighbor has lost 3 husbands 2 from doing bike trips on the coast.

giphy.gif

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
my 5th grade teacher died in a wreck the summer after i was in her class, kinda turned me off from bikes forever

Fucker

Log Wizard
Like I said he was prolly being an idiot at 27. No one involved ect, you can have have a tire pop or whatever. Even people doing casual riding is scary to me these days, my neighbor has lost 3 husbands 2 from doing bike trips on the coast.
Your neighbor is good at running motorcycle riding husbands off the road.

velk

Trakanon Raider

No need to be an idiot ( other than arguably being one for buying it in the first place ), they are dangerous enough without that.

One of my friends is a paramedic, and she has *strong* opinions on the relative safety of motorcycles in general that are based on a lot of experience.

Goatface

i was 27 when got hit by a car, shear luck didn't get killed. about 8 months to get backing to walking normal certainly turned me off from ever ridding again.

• 1Solidarity

Homsar

MmVvvvvb by ML
i was 27 when got hit by a car, shear luck didn't get killed. about 8 months to get backing to walking normal certainly turned me off from ever ridding again.
Think I broke my back at 27. After I learned how to walk I've been extremely scared of everything. I have no problem being called a pussy. Severed spine I think tops kidney stones

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I did the math today in my head -

Maybe 800 so kids in my high school

5 dead on motorcycles. 8 dead from Opioid overdoses. 2 car crashes. 2 died from cancer. 1 died in Iraq. One died from a heart defect during a bills Monday Night game siting in the stands. 5 killed themselves.

Not one killed by Covid.

don’t ride motorcycles.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I got hit and run at pretty high speed on my bike when I was in my late 20s. Protective gear saved my life and most of my skin. Main damage I took was a nice bite out of my right ankle because I stupidly wasn't wearing boots.

Homsar

I got hit and run at pretty high speed on my bike when I was in my late 20s. Protective gear saved my life and most of my skin. Main damage I took was a nice bite out of my right ankle because I stupidly wasn't wearing boots.
Sounds like your lucky. Last thing I would think about is boots

Fadaar

That guy
I did the math today in my head -

Maybe 800 so kids in my high school

5 dead on motorcycles. 8 dead from Opioid overdoses. 2 car crashes. 2 died from cancer. 1 died in Iraq. One died from a heart defect during a bills Monday Night game siting in the stands. 5 killed themselves.

Not one killed by Covid.

don’t ride motorcycles.

I've gotten lucky in the 20 years since I graduated, only 1 death and it was a car accident within like a year or two of us graduating.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
300 in my graduating class, 3 car accidents deaths in the 5 years following graduation, 1 suicide, 1 cancer. Only ones I known of, there are probably more but no social media so 🤷‍♂️

20 year reunion in June o_O