Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Gen V

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2023-09-28

Creator: Michele Fazekas, Tara Butters

Cast: Lizze Broadway, Jaz Sinclair, Maddie Phillips, London Thor, Chance Perdomo, Derek Luh, Asa Germann, Shelley Conn, Patrick Schwarzenegger, Sean Patrick Thomas, Marco Pigossi

Overview: An irreverent, R-rated series set at America’s only college exclusively for young-adult superheroes (run by Vought International) exploring the lives of hormonal, competitive Supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
jurassic park deal with it GIF

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Eh, it might be good, but The Boys works mostly on the strength of Butcher and Homelander IMO - the odds of them getting that lucky with casting again are not great.

Also no source material is a bit of a red flag.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I hear they're creating CPAC CSI. Well, it was put on hold by the strike.

• 1Barf

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I've got it! a show about first responders who get beaten to death. It'll be a real hit.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
You want more police procedurals then? I'm sure someone has a fresh new angle on first responders that hasn't been beaten to death...
You're all wrong.
This is not "more superhero shit" and implying the only possible scenario besides "superhero shit" is "police procedurals" is also incorrect.
Don't get me wrong, this may be absolute horse shit, but it won't be because of any of those things.

Anyways, about the show, it looks like shit hits the wall real quick and that's too bad. I'd be kind of interested in watching a sort of high stakes competitive school environment for wannabe super heroes in a dubious world setting where The Boys is set.
If its half as good as The Boys it could be pretty good. Time will tell.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Given the sheer number of 'Police / Law / Medical / Rescue' procedurals that are produced I just assume that the default template when you open Final Draft is "Setting: urban street corner"

As for this, I am intrigued because the G-Men storyline in the original comic was a lot of fun inasmuch as it tried to explore the team=family point of view held by so many of the Marvel silver age teams...only very twisted. This show, however, looks more like Scream meets Hunger Games.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm 3 episodes in, 90210 + The Boys is a fucking trip, lol.

Edit: oh, that's all that's out, is the first 3. Bummer.

• 1Solidarity

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched the first 2 episodes and it was very boring. It doesn’t have any of the charm or humor that the Boys has. Not even one likable character so far.

Fucker

Log Wizard
So far...a teenager who cuts herself and uses her blood as a weapon.

th-316994798.jpg

• 1Worf

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is actually better than I expected, the actors don't have the stuff like The boys cast but still pretty good

I also like how some characters have powers you don't see often in comics like the shape shifting chick. Changing between male or female version depending on where fight goes is cool

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
First ep seemed fine. I'm interested enough to watch more, even if I didn't feel like watching it immediately.

That was a pretty fucked up sex scene, I guess anything goes these days if the woman is fully clothed ;p

The main characters are strong black depressed cutter, gay black kid, super tranny and super-powered eating disorder. The people who hate that will hate it, so deal with accordingly.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database