General Gaming News and Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They also go the extra step of "hiring" friends and families and saying most of the money has to go to "administrative fees"

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Isn't that how main line real popular charities work? Only a sliver ever reach the stated goal?

I have no idea. He didn't have any particular stated goal. Every year the charity events would be touted as "going directly to alzheimer's research". On multiple occasions he name-dropped University of San Francisco saying that his charity was one of their top funders. Also name dropped a few other organizations. Surprised none of them ever heard about this and spoke up. Meanwhile nothing ever got donated.

Now he's backpedaling and saying they were intentionally saving up to reach $600k to do one big donation to one organization, because of tax laws and less being used for overhead that way or something.

Yet on the discord call with the reporters a few weeks ago, he said the opposite. And generally said the opposite to his fans/donors for years.

Apparently a lot of his fanboys think he's exonerated by his recent statement, but he really isn't, and he took weeks to even put it out there. The entire 20 minute video is him reading a lawyer-written statement off a teleprompter, from the looks of it.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
They also go the extra step of "hiring" friends and families and saying most of the money has to go to "administrative fees"

Charity is a concept.

The moment we allowed "charity" to be a thing (organization) is the moment charity was 99% corrupted.

Money given to "charities" is money wasted. Money/resources *used charitably* can be quite good.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Just a reminder that E3 served multiple purposes:

1) In the days when games were printed ROMs that took months to produce, publishers and retailers would agree in June to the number of cartridges to be made. With discs / digital, that lead time is far reduced / irrelevant, and they don't need to set orders 5 months in advance.

2) Institutional stockholders would also be able to see the upcoming games and adjust their portfolios accordingly. The smaller number of publishers having their own dog and pony shows with stockholders and the much later gold dates for discs / digital have rendered the E3 timeframe moot.

3) Networking - while there are concerns about the blue hairs taking over GDC, etc., there are more modern networking options than just E3 nowadays.

4) PR - while gamers focused on just this aspect and gained the benefit of seeing everyone's lineup simultaneously and could plan on their purchases ("Do I beg for a PS2 or a Gamecube this Christmas?"), no surprise publishers don't want their message getting buried under a dozen other companies' press releases.

So all in all, not a surprise E3 is dead, as much as gamers were able to get the benefit from all the information at one time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
They should have continued to be closed off industry events restricted to devs / publishers and large/high level content creators. I enjoyed the E3 large shows, was very rare that any large title was showcased outside of E3. Now there are so many shows, several around the world, some games drop here and there, mixed in with lots of indie games. The summer game show that lasts a few days by Geoff Keighley has taken the rain somewhat from E3, but still most announcements come from Xbox / Playstation / Nintendo events that happen several times a year, or TGS/other game shows. Was great to just have a week to pay attention and you'd basically know 98% of the major titles coming out within the next year(s).

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Now he's backpedaling and saying they were intentionally saving up to reach $600k to do one big donation to one organization, because of tax laws and less being used for overhead that way or something.

The way you've repeated this claim/statement of his implies you're not judging him harsh enough. No idea who this bearded cunt is, but he sounds like an absolute shit bag based on your summaries and his laughably bad "...oh I was just getting ready to donate anyways...". Fuck em.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The way you've repeated this claim/statement of his implies you're not judging him harsh enough. No idea who this bearded cunt is, but he sounds like an absolute shit bag based on your summaries and his laughably bad "...oh I was just getting ready to donate anyways...". Fuck em.

No way, I don't think there's anything positive about "saving up for one big donation" considering that the whole time he was namedropping a bunch of organizations they were actively "working with", implying money. I might have wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but he doesn't deserve it, as at minimum he lied to everybody for no apparent reason and at worst he's a fraudster. More likely the former, which begs the question of "but why?" and I don't know, but regardless, fuck 'em. Taking a month to put out a statement pretty much destroyed any good will I had toward the guy. Maybe he doesn't owe an explanation to the masses in general until his lawyer prepares one, or whatever, but his DONORS deserved literally anything from him to assuage their worries in the meantime. In his statement he was all angry at being accused, when he's got no right to be angry, his donors do.

Latest thing is his subreddit (which he helps moderate himself) is banning all discussion of this scandal because it was overwhelmingly turning against him, even after his statement. And what did his moderators say the reason was? Because people were being "racist" and "xenophobic" towards the guy. Even though literally none of that was happening on there. Now they've made the subreddit go private. What a bunch of bullshitters.

TBH that $600k donation was basically made by Karl Jobst and the other guy who exposed him.

Edit: Dude is getting utterly savaged on his latest video's comments. It's pretty entertaining. What a fuckin' POS.

1702478919607.png

Last edited:

joz123

Potato del Grande

Hope they tell the hackers to get fucked. Giving them money would be stupid since they can just release everything anyway.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Gonna get an Xbox and do game pass since Sony basically sucks dick as a policy nowadays, there still a way to get set up with a chunk of game pass on the cheap like you used to be able to do?

joz123

Potato del Grande
Gonna get an Xbox and do game pass since Sony basically sucks dick as a policy nowadays, there still a way to get set up with a chunk of game pass on the cheap like you used to be able to do?
Buy 3 years of game pass core from cdkeys/eneba on the cheap. Add those codes first. After you do that get 1 month of ultimate and convert. You will get 2 years of ultimate way cheaper than through Microsoft.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Buy 3 years of game pass core from cdkeys/eneba on the cheap. Add those codes first. After you do that get 1 month of ultimate and convert. You will get 2 years of ultimate way cheaper than through Microsoft.
Looks like I missed most of the decent deals for the core game pass, hopefully some new ones come up soon. Even if not ~50 per isn’t going to break the bank or anything.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Feb/March is crazy next year

Feb 7 - Persona 3 Reloaded (remake)
Feb 21 - Last Epoch 1.0 launch
Feb 29 - Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
March 8 - Homeworld 3
March 22 - Dragons Dogma 2
March 22 - Rise of the Ronin

+ possible Elden Ring DLC in February.

Wouldn't be surprised if Rise of the Ronin got delayed. Launching the same day as Dragons Dogma 2 doesn't seem like a good idea unless you want to get buried.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Feb/March is crazy next year

Feb 7 - Persona 3 Reloaded (remake)
Feb 21 - Last Epoch 1.0 launch
Feb 29 - Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
March 8 - Homeworld 3
March 22 - Dragons Dogma 2
March 22 - Rise of the Ronin

+ possible Elden Ring DLC in February.

Wouldn't be surprised if Rise of the Ronin got delayed. Launching the same day as Dragons Dogma 2 doesn't seem like a good idea unless you want to get buried.
None of those tickle my pickle.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users