General Gaming News and Discussion

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Sure, np.

Do care:
Gaming news about new and exciting games.
interesting news that’s relevant to good developers and gaming.

Don’t care:
Repeated updates about a megacorporation delaying their overpriced purchase of floundering megacorp who can’t even release a good sequel to an easy layup IP and runs their cherished IPs into the ground from incompetence.
Opinions from someone so dumb they had to resort to being a cop for a career and can only feel good about their intellect by calling everyone he interacts with in any thread a retard.
Shitty games.
Really Karen GIF by MOODMAN

spronk

FPS noob
Takes place in the 80s? Early 90s?

modern times, redneck white male protag + hispanic chick you switch back and forth between like gta5. i think the game will take place in Vice City (Miami) although i'm sure there will be other locations, like a stand in for Disney World - Genki world?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
modern times, redneck white male protag + hispanic chick you switch back and forth between like gta5. i think the game will take place in Vice City (Miami) although i'm sure there will be other locations, like a stand in for Disney World - Genki world?
No awesome DLC like Ballad of Gay Tony but we’ll get a mega ton of Shark Cards and other online bs.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Kid looks like a caricature. New Lanx Lanx avatar?

View attachment 483163
I think that's a coach. That's Dallas after they won the grand finals last year.

They lost their backline (the healers) to Atlanta who are now the top dogs. They also moved the whole operation to Korea this season so are playing in the shitty APAC region. They are kind of middle of the pack now.

I was surprised they moved. They had a nice office and an arena for local games (I think the Fuel is also the hockey team?).

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think that's a coach. That's Dallas after they won the grand finals last year.

They lost their backline (the healers) to Atlanta who are now the top dogs. They also moved the whole operation to Korea this season so are playing in the shitty APAC region. They are kind of middle of the pack now.

I was surprised they moved. They had a nice office and an arena for local games (I think the Fuel is also the hockey team?).
what game is my fake esports avatar supposed to be a coach of?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Adjusted for inflation...

Are e-sports still a thing and will they continue to grow if so?
No. Twitch killed it imo. There was a brief window where it was basically a novelty to see Vidya in legacy media but now you can watch better products 24/7 for free.

While it's perhaps true that events can still be big draws, fundamentally these eSports leagues were built on capturing all the revenue in the same way traditional sports were, hence why OWL franchising was laughably priced. The problem is that the barrier to being good at a game and streaming it is a pittance compared to forming a pro sports team, building a stadium, filming and editing a game, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user