General Gaming News and Discussion

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Eh isn't this more souls like with guns? I really don't care for souls type games so I had ignored this one based on reviews I saw when it came out.

Well it’s on game pass with its predecessor for free.

Also there is Aliens fireteam

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Eh isn't this more souls like with guns? I really don't care for souls type games so I had ignored this one based on reviews I saw when it came out.

You had said online and given Destiny and Division as games similar to what you want, so I'd say you're right that Remnant is not what you're after.

I can't think of any in line with Destiny and Division.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You had said online and given Destiny and Division as games similar to what you want, so I'd say you're right that Remnant is not what you're after.

Dang. I wish there was a good version of the Division because I like the near modern shooter.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

I hate souls games, I can't enjoy them but this one is different. It's a very good time with friends in co-op. It's more challenging and less banging your head into a wall. It's the only souls type game I've been able to play and enjoy.

I'd definitely play the first one if you haven't, it's very good and probably cheaper so if you don't like it you're not out as much.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry

Ragosh

Molten Core Raider
The Day Before is kinda like Division and Destiny, right? Should try that :D

And on a more serious note, have you looked into Once Human?

Janx

<Silver Donator>

More UBI games really, Breakpoint and Wildlands might fit the bill.

Oh, that Stalker Gamma mod might be good but its a single player.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Destiny is great. Its just the cost to get into it is fucking killer. IDK why they do this since they cant get new players, doooh. Anyway its like 8 yrs old now so lots to do and grind for PvE wise. Some might no like the PvP but its definitely one of a kind and I like it. Aside that you have lots of raids, lots of dungeons. Now they added a fireteam finder right into the game so grouping is like 200% easier. And I still think that Derstiny is like the best feeling shooter ever made. The movement, the gun play, the abilities are all top notch.

Division 2 was one of my favorites, but yeah, its dead as fuck these days. That game shines when you can jsut get into parties and destroy shit together.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Thor was talking about Once Human, it looked solid and made me want to check it out. Not sure if that fits his criteria though, and it's early access I think.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Thor was talking about Once Human, it looked solid and made me want to check it out. Not sure if that fits his criteria though, and it's early access I think.

It was in open beta, but became too popular so they closed it. Now they do invites only on Fridays. 10000 went out today (I applied, didn't get a code). 200+k queue. Kind of a survival Division type game with build mechanics (Fallout 76 style). There will be PvP servers, but only PvE at the moment. The plan to release it as a free to play game where you only pay for cosmetics. Which could be doable considering there is a lot of building / gear so lots of things to add cosmetics to.

Seen some streamers play it and all are surprised on how much they like it which is why I applied to see for myself. Beta ends on Jan 22nd though, so probably won't get in. Release is Q3 2024.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It just goes to show you how much public wants more of these looter shooter type games that are multiplayer rpg elements and persistent type world.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Destiny 2 is a ton of fun, but deciphering what you need to actually buy to get all the content you want etc. is a fucking headache. Beyond stupid decision by that studio. Simplifying entry to the game would help a ton. I loved the Division II, but I haven't played it in multiple years - I occasionally get the itch, but haven't caved yet. Both games definitely help scratch that MMO itch.

Wildlands is a blast to play with a group. Think more open world tactical shooter type than bullet-sponge looter shooter type.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Do you have a PC?? Or is this for PlayStation
biden-putin.gif

• 1Worf

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Destiny 2 is a ton of fun, but deciphering what you need to actually buy to get all the content you want etc. is a fucking headache. Beyond stupid decision by that studio. Simplifying entry to the game would help a ton.

You are not fucking kidding. I picked up the free offering on the Epic store and gave it a spin. Once you get out of the tutorial mission it's just a light show of dozens choices with shit flashing up at you full of terms, item/currency, and systems you have no context for. I read a third party guide that said, "Ignore all that and continue the basic missions" but I can't even find those any more. Who the fuck designed this? I really want to like it, but man...

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You are not fucking kidding. I picked up the free offering on the Epic store and gave it a spin. Once you get out of the tutorial mission it's just a light show of dozens choices with shit flashing up at you full of terms, item/currency, and systems you have no context for. I read a third party guide that said, "Ignore all that and continue the basic missions" but I can't even find those any more. Who the fuck designed this? I really want to like it, but man...
Lady's brother plays this a lot and he's always ambivalent. He brought over his PS5 a couple times and it was OK. Honestly I could never get over how Destiny 1 was just starting to get good story wise then immediately ends. It's a bit too much crazy unrecognizable lore shit now. D1 had like 'ok I guess this happened in Russia, then this happened on Venus, interesting' but the story went to plaid and I really wanted a more 'grounded scifi'.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Eh it's just not my cup of tea style/theme wise. I watched a bunch of videos when it launched and it didn't do anything for me.
Yeah but I’m sure there is something on there for you.

I’ll tell you right now, that Clancy Wild lands was absolutely amazing. sukik sukik and I played that tons

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
People have been bitching at the devs for YEARS to streamline the shit and make noob experience better. They just wont do it, or if they try they just fuck it up more. And thats why they cant attract new people to play and stay. And why they are failing now when all the die hards are quitting/taking a break and playing all the other good shit out and there is no one to replace them with.

But you just have to power through it. Main thing is just to get your power level up to 1800+ and then you are golden since you can then participate in all the good shit.