General Gaming News and Discussion

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Literally everything is fake and gay, so that gives many people pause. Everyone is full of shit.

That said I don’t give a shit about avatar, I’m just irritated at how often the “muh conspiracy” card gets played. Nothing is out of bounds and unworthy of skepticism and I resent people trying to hand wave things with communist tactics.

Don't be so triggered over the word conspiracy; it's like you're using the left's definition of it that automatically presupposes its falsehood. Tons of conspiracies are real.

However, when the sum total of evidence boils down to "I don't trust stuff" and "10 to 20 people I know didn't see a movie, therefore I think there was fraud on the scale of hundreds of millions of dollars," it doesn't need to be taken seriously until something better is provided, but I guess not doing so is communism now.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Something weird is happening. Good, American movies suck and aren't very popular with the us, but studios don't care because they'll make a ton of money internationally so keep forcing that shit onto us. Same as the gaming industry.

Also compounded by the factor that our money from what used to be a driving demo is being spent by spoiled kids and spouses on this shit. Same as the gaming industry.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Chalk me up in the category of people that think there is something very wrong with the box-office numbers for Avatar 2.
I don't know anyone who knows someone who has seen it.

I still think they use digital ticket sales in certain foreign markets as a means of laundering money into the US.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
All movie earnings and associated reports are just Jewish money laundering schemes

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Literally everything is fake and gay, so that gives many people pause. Everyone is full of shit.
Convenient method that allows you to ignore facts you don't like and make assumptions and assertions on feels instead.

Where have I heard this ideology before...hmmm.. 🤔

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Pointing out and praising Jewish success is antisemitism, even noticing them is antisemitic.

That is true power.

Video games are Jewish financed tools for physically and emotionally destroying a generation of men so they would be unworthy, and unwilling, for military service to weaken the US military's human capabilities. Since the largest manufacturers of military drones are controlled by Jewish interests, and aimed at Jewish enemies, this only serves them in every direction.

I don't actually believe this, I just wanted to make it about gaming

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

That said I don’t give a shit about avatar, I’m just irritated at how often the “muh conspiracy” card gets played. Nothing is out of bounds and unworthy of skepticism and I resent people trying to hand wave things with communist tactics.

So you're pissed someone is saying this is a stupid thing to chalk up to a conspiracy, because even though that's true it's somehow unfair to other conspiracy theories?

So in your mind anyone can call anything a conspiracy and then everyone automatically has to accept it as true? Jesus Christ that's retarded

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I remember when the Avatar trailer came out and they actually included the cliche "not in Kansas anymore" line featured in the trailer and I realized it was for retards and chicks (read as: retards) and refused to pay to see that shit in the theater even though my retarded girlfriend at the time was hyped for it.

I'm not saying it's bad just because I didn't like it before I even saw it or that people can't enjoy terrible products. I'm just saying it was really bad, but people (and women) are retards so of course it was hugely successful.
If you didn't see Avatar in 3D in the theater, it was your loss. Sure, plenty of dumb stuff about the movie, but it was incredibly immersive in the way only blockbuster movies can be.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
....immersive in the way only blockbuster movies can be.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Honestly I think the movie thing has never recovered since COVID or like 2020. I have a huge ass AMC 20 by my house, 2 IMAX screens, 3 restaurants in the huge ass parking lot built in the2000s? 2010s?. And I can say I pass this thing all the time and Barely like 20-30 cars in the parking lot now, since 2020. Before this lot used to be filled, even during the day 1/2 filled. Its crazy how this got hit and never really recovered. Sure its only one theater by me but its a stark difference post COVID.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Honestly I think the movie thing has never recovered since COVID or like 2020. I have a huge ass AMC 20 by my house, 2 IMAX screens, 3 restaurants in the huge ass parking lot built in the2000s? 2010s?. And I can say I pass this thing all the time and Barely like 20-30 cars in the parking lot now, since 2020. Before this lot used to be filled, even during the day 1/2 filled. Its crazy how this got hit and never really recovered. Sure its only one theater by me but its a stark difference post COVID.
Maybe a mix of just.. everything, since then? The movies themselves are just complete garbage for the most part, these days. Some stuff is worth watching, sure. But is it worth going to the theatre (by yourself for emphasis) to see anything thats came out? I understand people do date nights and family nights at the theater, regardless of its content. But going all the way back to 2020, looking at gross domestic box office for the top 5 movies every year since 2020... Do you, or did you, see anything that was worth your fucking time to go see? Im not standing in line for none of that shit. Not saying it was all terrible, but.. just not "stand in line and wait" kind of movies. Just nothing that has came out has sparked a craze among people. Super Mario was the only one I saw a line for, and that was a week after release, and it was still mostly kids and Super Mario was definitely not a Hollywood Agenda movie.

This is also completely neglecting the fact that most of the shit that if you told me it was coming out 20 years ago, I would have died to go see, .. was just a fucking diversity, woke fucking mess of garbage that is ruining those franchises, now.

If anything, it feels like Hollywood is trying to kill itself. A lot of people that I do know that went to see Avatar 2, theyre just fucking normies. They watched the first one years ago and it was all the rave, so obviously.. after waiting all this time, the second one is going to be AMAZING! Right? And of course retarded kids are going to like it, because they just dont notice the same shit we notice.

• 2Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Don't be so triggered over the word conspiracy; it's like you're using the left's definition of it that automatically presupposes its falsehood. Tons of conspiracies are real.

However, when the sum total of evidence boils down to "I don't trust stuff" and "10 to 20 people I know didn't see a movie, therefore I think there was fraud on the scale of hundreds of millions of dollars," it doesn't need to be taken seriously until something better is provided, but I guess not doing so is communism now.

it’s because you are using the word conspiracy too liberally. I have no doubt people went to see the movie. But a little bit of logic suggests that the popularity of the movie is a bit incredulous, especially in a post-Covid world where people go to movies less and less.

it goes along with everything else that defies logic. Biden winning the election. Our economy is doing great. Israel needs our money in their war against Hamas. That’s just off the top of my head.

So the fact a studio might buy up tickets to make a movie more successful than it actually is….not exactly new ground. Book publishers do it all the time. Again, amazing avatar 2 did so great when movies like Harry Potter and Lotr were widely more popular.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like