General Gaming News and Discussion

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
What the fuck does the word mean otherwise?

You clearly meant games produced by the Western world.

If you did mean JUST England, then name me some great games that have come out of British gaming studios.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
You clearly meant games produced by the Western world.

If you did mean JUST England, then name me some great games that have come out of British gaming studios.
I used the exact word I meant and I used it correctly.

You still don't know what "Anglosphere" means, it's English speaking countries, not just England.

I was going to type out exactly which countries that is for you, but as I typed "New Zealand" I remembered Path of Exile lol.

I spent last year playing Polish and Japanese games and suffered Diablo 4, so clearly I'm not talking about the entire "West".

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Not sure why you would just limit yourself to games made in countries where they speak English primarily, again I think you are just being pedantic.

Especially in this day and age where most large games are a global effort, and multiple studios from multiple countries make a single game. In case you ever stick around long enough to view the credits.

Also I don't know you would view something like Assassin's Creed, which is made by a French company, from a studio based in Canada so English speaking, but also in Montreal which speaks mainly French, so technically falling out of your "anglosphere" definition - again, if you are choosing to be so myopic. And yet, I'm sure most of us would view AC as a "western" game and readily different in tone and content compared to something out of Poland or Japan. Just not you apparently.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sven speaks English therefore bg3 is anglosphere

• 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I listed games that weren't polish or japanese, although there's more but I did understand your "request" as western games(Dave the Diver is a pretty good game for example but is Korean so didn't add it to the list), but yeah if you want to nitpick BG3 isn't made by an english speaking country studio, I just don't really see the point of making the distinction between western games in general and ones made in english speaking countries specifically. You can further divide the western games but it makes little sense to do it by language spoken in the country the game studios are set up in.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Chris can you not be a faggot in just 1 thread, please?

There are tons of great indie games.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure why you would just limit yourself to games made in countries where they speak English primarily, again I think you are just being pedantic.

Especially in this day and age where most large games are a global effort, and multiple studios from multiple countries make a single game. In case you ever stick around long enough to view the credits.

Also I don't know you would view something like Assassin's Creed, which is made by a French company, from a studio based in Canada so English speaking, but also in Montreal which speaks mainly French, so technically falling out of your "anglosphere" definition - again, if you are choosing to be so myopic. And yet, I'm sure most of us would view AC as a "western" game and readily different in tone and content compared to something out of Poland or Japan. Just not you apparently.
As I have always seen it used, the anglosphere is Great Brittan, Canada, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Ireland, and the the US.

I would take Chris focusing on just those countries is because the current progressive political rift is more pronounced in them and "wokeness" is viewed as starting in the US. Thus making the Anglosphere more susceptible to companies hiring people for diversity, instead of skill, thus possibly making worse games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Fuck you all for making me look this up:

1706836103890.png

1706836121624.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

It's the projection. Antarctica is half the area of North America and less than a third of Asia.
DOESNT MATTER. STILL HAS SECRET ANCIENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS THAT RULED THE WORLD AND YOUR GOV'T WONT TELL YOU ABOUT IT.
ancient-aliens-s16-2048x1152-promo-16x9-1.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Actual continent dimensions without regard to latitude/longitude. Makes you realize how much ocean there is. Pluto is supposed to be the size of Brazil or Australia I believe

ljykoz4hykfc1.jpeg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
As I have always seen it used, the anglosphere is Great Brittan, Canada, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Ireland, and the the US.

I would take Chris focusing on just those countries is because the current progressive political rift is more pronounced in them and "wokeness" is viewed as starting in the US. Thus making the Anglosphere more susceptible to companies hiring people for diversity, instead of skill, thus possibly making worse games.
Maybe it'd be better to judge a game by how good the game is, rather by who made the game. I can't vouch for all the games I listed since I just picked a list of the best 2023 games, but you have to be some real fucking idiot to think because a studio that employs sometimes 200+ people has an inclusivity clause so they don't get sued, then somehow that makes all their games bad. You can't just handwave all the bad games because of blue hairs and transexuals either, there's likely a bigger amount of games ruined by poor management and money suits asking to cram some microtransactions down the throat of their marks customers than people trying to push some progressive agenda. Obviously when you combine both like at Blizzard you end up with less than stellar results but still.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users