General Gaming News and Discussion

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I used the exact word I meant and I used it correctly.

You still don't know what "Anglosphere" means, it's English speaking countries, not just England.

I was going to type out exactly which countries that is for you, but as I typed "New Zealand" I remembered Path of Exile lol.

I spent last year playing Polish and Japanese games and suffered Diablo 4, so clearly I'm not talking about the entire "West".

Im becoming convinced Chris has some sort of addiction. He’s way too good at convincing people to hate him.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
As I have always seen it used, the anglosphere is Great Brittan, Canada, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Ireland, and the the US.

I would take Chris focusing on just those countries is because the current progressive political rift is more pronounced in them and "wokeness" is viewed as starting in the US. Thus making the Anglosphere more susceptible to companies hiring people for diversity, instead of skill, thus possibly making worse games.

Jesus Christ that's a hell of a maze to figure out wtf his point is supposed to be

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Actual continent dimensions without regard to latitude/longitude. Makes you realize how much ocean there is. Pluto is supposed to be the size of Brazil or Australia I believe

ljykoz4hykfc1.jpeg
Wat? They just layered proper proportioned continents (mostly) onto a blue background, that in no way represents the size of the oceans. While it is neat to seem them all in one frame, Google maps allows you to zoom out and see everything in accurate proportions, including the ocean.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Jesus Christ that's a hell of a maze to figure out wtf his point is supposed to be
It's a single word with a well established definition, it's clear enough, some of you just didn't know what it meant.

Also seemily people don't understand how maps work.

Anyway, I'm getting that Indie games are the way to go. I'm primarily PS5 now which makes that harder.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That map just reminds me that Antarctica is fucking huuuuuge.

It just looks that way on maps because it gets stretched out due to occupying the southernmost part of the Earth (and thus pointing towards everything else, if that makes any sense).

Our maps are pretty awful at showing true proportions and perspectives. Most maps still have Siberia, Canada, Scandinavia, and (especially) Greenland taking up massive fuckin' areas. In no universe is Greenland the size of Africa like it's often portrayed. The most rustling are the maps that have the equator two thirds of the way down instead of half, so the southern hemisphere is all crunched and the northern hemisphere is overinflated.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
mercater is evil!!!

I assume the Peters Projection Map is vastly more accurate, but it kinda feels like (from this clip and everywhere else it's brought up) that a lot of people like it not because it's accurate, but because it has a GIANT AFRICA. Their smugness about it really gives it away.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's a single word with a well established definition, it's clear enough, some of you just didn't know what it meant.

Anyway, I'm getting that Indie games are the way to go. I'm primarily PS5 now which makes that harder.

The reason people are confused, is there's no reason to pick such a bizarre and random grouping of countries so people autocorrected it in their mind to something that makes some kind of sense. What they should have done is read the poster's name and just moved on

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The reason people are confused, is there's no reason to pick such a bizarre and random grouping of countries so people autocorrected it in their mind to something that makes some kind of sense. What they should have done is read the poster's name and just moved on
Did you miss the SJW plague or something? It's far less common outside of the English speaking internet, the language barrier isolates some devs from being fully pozzed.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Did you miss the SJW plague or something? It's far less common outside of the English speaking internet, the language barrier isolates some devs from being fully pozzed.

Why not just say woke then? There are non-english speaking countries that are woke, so why are you burning more calories in order to say something less accurately?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You know why the distorted map is popular? Because it was made by white people FOR white people. No one that fucking matters cares about getting from one shit hole to the next that cant, to this fucking day, form a stable fucking government. The US and most of its Western Allies, as corrupt as we all know them to be, are still eons ahead in terms of stability than any fucking African country. The middle east can blame the US all they want, but they werent any fucking different until US intervention. India was and still is brushing their teeth with fucking cow manure. Asian countries were overwhelmingly dragged kicking and screaming into the fucking present day times and more than half of their progress is still a facade in order to impress or intimidate other global nations.

This woke shit is by and large supported by some school corrupted white male in their 20's that has the testosterone of a little girl because they eat fucking garbage all day, every day. That, or its a fucking white woman that has 40 fucking cats that is reminiscing about back in the day when she was dicked down by 10 black guys all at once. The very people that that shit is supposed to support, largely hate it. The black people I know hate this woke shit more than anyone else, and the few gay people I know think that this woke shit is a front for child molesters and they arent fucking wrong.

Anyways, I agree with Pyros Pyros . A good game is a good game, no matter who makes it. Baldurs Gate 3 team is full of faggots and blue hairs, and that game stands up there in terms of excellence, with Elden Ring. That game would have got better, more precise press, if it didnt have the all/all romance relationships for companions. But after they dialed that shit down after a patch, it wasnt even noticeable anymore.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oh yeah. Man. Those movie details were awful. Just awful. This, however, is a hugely quality detail!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

It’s a real word that’s never used in this context. Stop being a faggot.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Wat? They just layered proper proportioned continents (mostly) onto a blue background, that in no way represents the size of the oceans. While it is neat to seem them all in one frame, Google maps allows you to zoom out and see everything in accurate proportions, including the ocean.
Doing that on the old google maps VR is like being a god. I have spent hours doing nothing but that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Walt Disney Company and “Fortnite” creator Epic Games are set to collaborate on an all-new multiyear-long games and entertainment universe project.

The plans were revealed following Disney’s announcement today it will invest $1.5 billion to acquire an equity stake in Epic Games. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals.

The plan is for a “world-class games experience” powered by Unreal Engine and will be “interoperating with Fortnite”.

The new persistent universe will offer opportunities for consumers to play, watch, shop and engage with content, characters and stories from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Avatar and more.

Players, gamers and fans will be able to create their own stories and experiences and share content with each other in ways they love.

Disney chief Bob Iger says in a statement:

“Our exciting new relationship with Epic Games will bring together Disney’s beloved brands and franchises with the hugely popular Fortnite in a transformational new games and entertainment universe.
This marks Disney’s biggest entry ever into the world of games and offers significant opportunities for growth and expansion. We can’t wait for fans to experience the Disney stories and worlds they love in groundbreaking new ways.”
Tim Sweeney, CEO and Founder, Epic Games says:

“Disney was one of the first companies to believe in the potential of bringing their worlds together with ours in Fortnite, and they use Unreal Engine across their portfolio. Now we’re collaborating on something entirely new to build a persistent, open and interoperable ecosystem that will bring together the Disney and Fortnite communities.”
Check out the trailer for the collaboration below:

• 2Barf
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The Walt Disney Company and “Fortnite” creator Epic Games are set to collaborate on an all-new multiyear-long games and entertainment universe project.

The plans were revealed following Disney’s announcement today it will invest $1.5 billion to acquire an equity stake in Epic Games. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals.

The plan is for a “world-class games experience” powered by Unreal Engine and will be “interoperating with Fortnite”.

The new persistent universe will offer opportunities for consumers to play, watch, shop and engage with content, characters and stories from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Avatar and more.

Players, gamers and fans will be able to create their own stories and experiences and share content with each other in ways they love.

Disney chief Bob Iger says in a statement:

Tim Sweeney, CEO and Founder, Epic Games says:

Check out the trailer for the collaboration below:

That's just the metaverse

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Play Watch Create Shop

At least they’re up front about the priorities