General Gaming News and Discussion

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Only real nerds know that Excel counts 1990 as a leap year when it wasn't, but had to keep compatible with Lotus 1-2-3 which had it as a bug. Any year divisble by 400 or some shit is not leap year.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I know pretty well some of the peoples that worked on that Chrono Trigger remake.
I wish they wouldn’t have advertised it. Finish then put it out for people to DL then hide.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heian

Molten Core Raider
It was a fan remake.
I wish they wouldn’t have advertised it. Finish then put it out for people to DL then hide.
One of them is like my best friend IRL and last year I was able to bring him on my current project. I think they hoped Square would let them work on it as a tribute, like a fan art... but I think it was looking too good for square's taste.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Only real nerds know that Excel counts 1990 as a leap year when it wasn't, but had to keep compatible with Lotus 1-2-3 which had it as a bug. Any year divisble by 400 or some shit is not leap year.
I thought you were retarded until I realized you meant 1900 and then realized you're only half retarded.

• 1Salty

spronk

FPS noob

fucktards release last years best selling game (Hogwarts Legacy) but also the shitty Suicide Squad and somehow think turning Hogwarts into SS is the winning move

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider

fucktards release last years best selling game (Hogwarts Legacy) but also the shitty Suicide Squad and somehow think turning Hogwarts into SS is the winning move
lol this is the same strategy ubisoft decided to go with a few years ago and that's turning out poorly for them. They're struggling to release heartlands a ftp division br, resurgence a ftp mobile division, xdefiant a ftp shooter, ghost recon frontline a ftp br cancelled, extraction got support cancelled 6 months after release, because feedback hasn't been good on most of them.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
WB getting roasted pretty hard but I doubt they value the opinion of game "journalists" any more than we do.

spronk

FPS noob
Looks like a good time. Probably suck though =/

the trailer is cool but the cons are pretty large

- by the guys who made Conan Exiles, a good game but not great. dong and titty slider is AAA though
- alternate timeline from the books/movies, only 2 factions at launch - Harkonnen or Arrakis (no atreides?)
- weekly storms will wipe out bases built in the deep deserts, which implies base building and shit like Conan Exiles
- no word on whether its f2p, sub, box fee, etc. Conan Exiles i think is boxed fee with a lot of MTX skins/p2w

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Good, too many games in the backlog. Easy enough to axe a shitty publisher all together.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

No one wants live service games. No one. How do the dozens of examples of this, attempted by AA and AAA studios, with MASSIVE backlash and public failure, go ignored?

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That tells me they are looking to make money instead of games. Cash grabs are the new norm.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The biggest market for F2P and gacha type games is East Asia, and they're waaaaay better at it. A western company isn't going to make any money there.

If they were smart, they'd use the 153925832958 trademark properties they own across shit like Hanna Barbera, Looney Tunes, etc. and make a bunch of small games. Do acton-platformers, metroidvanias, and whatnot...using familiar characters and make bank like Nintendo does with Mario/Kirby/Metroid. The indie gaming companies are doing well filling that market because the big names turned their back on that stuff. They could do a game like Cuphead, and release it digitally so Gamestop can't make money off the resale.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
CEO: make a game that makes a lot of money

27 year old nepo studio head: lets make a game with big titty velma, big titty daphne, fred bangs them after every quest and scooby and shag smoke weed and eat for side missions. aite give me an update in 2 years ill be in the maldives snorting coke off hookers

studio: we hired 40 diversity folks and made a visual novel where you are a black tranny reliving the rape that defined your childhood, you are in a mental institution and every night you must watch FMVs of a woman giving birth to understand the homeric nature of life. The PCs name is Velma with a deadname of Fred. we sold 11 copies.

CEO: gaming sucks, i'm shutting the division down

meanwhile in asia

CEO: maku gamu
studio: gamu done-o, you play big titty white bitch and you pay $100 for each skin to dress her up, $200 for no panties version
CEO: good jobu, we make $1 billion this quarter

• 13Worf
  • 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 18 users