General Gaming News and Discussion

Palum

what Suineg set it to
No one wants live service games. No one. How do the dozens of examples of this, attempted by AA and AAA studios, with MASSIVE backlash and public failure, go ignored?
Well no one wants shitty live service shoe ins to games that have no massive open world. I still like MMORPGs because I'm old.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
No one wants live service games. No one. How do the dozens of examples of this, attempted by AA and AAA studios, with MASSIVE backlash and public failure, go ignored?
People want live service games which actually live. Otherwise how does this MMO forum exist?

The issue is that AAA studios want the live service income without the live service content.

They want basic multiplayer servers and regular balance/bug patches to be the paid service and any new content is from the marketing budget to get new users.

This done so that the executives increase profits short term as a springboard to their next role, not being at the company for the inevitable userbase collapse.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
meanwhile in asia

CEO: maku gamu
studio: gamu done-o, you play big titty white bitch and you pay $100 for each skin to dress her up, $200 for no panties version
CEO: good jobu, we make $1 billion this quarter
The funny thing is that at work, it's the 12 year old girls who play Genshin Impact. The boys all play Fortnite and Spiderman.

Big overlap in the preteen girl, middle aged male pervert demographics wanting to dress up waifus

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
He must be a middle school teacher..... or just a pedo.
How Bout Both GIF by Joey Bada$$

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wow why do only liberals teach and indoctrinate your youth to be trannies? What a mystery.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not really news but why do gamers post a pic they took of the screen insead of a screenshot? Looks like shit, young and married to the phone and that's all they know?

I do that because it's way less trouble than moving the pictures off the PS5 onto a USB drive and onto the computer. Just take a picture on phone, post picture from phone, since I usually post from phone during the day anyway.

Alla that said, I just found out today that the Playstation app actually insta-migrates your ingame screenshots from your system, which is even easier than having to take a picture of the screen. So I gotta look into that.

• 1Mother of God

Goonsquad Officer
Not really news but why do gamers post a pic they took of the screen insead of a screenshot? Looks like shit, young and married to the phone and that's all they know?
You are asking why console savages are savage

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
step 1: be able to make good games
Yeah people love to talk about mobile taking over consoles and especially the Switch, but 99% of mobile games are on par with the worst shovelware that gets dumped on the eShop. The other 1% is pretty much just ports of old games that are available everywhere else with controls that aren't absolute dogshit.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
Yeah people love to talk about mobile taking over consoles and especially the Switch, but 99% of mobile games are on par with the worst shovelware that gets dumped on the eShop. The other 1% is pretty much just ports of old games that are available everywhere else with controls that aren't absolute dogshit.
yea that's the goal. multinational companies want to shovel shit at people and receive shovels of money in return. they despise good games and want to damage them so they can continue the shoveling operation.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would put solitaire on my phone if it was possible to get it without ads and viruses.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The gamers that enabled and built up the gaming industry are now working themselves to death so they can help fund their wives and children pouring billions into the mobile games that are killing the industry. And being called sexist and racist for even asking about games they may hope to play.

suicide GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I take pride in the fact my wife plays zero mobile games nor do my kids.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Did Hitler have a Jewish grandparent? Because my 80 year old grandmother plays mobile hexic a lot.
My mom plays fake slot machines online and sends me screen shots of when she hits the jackpot and wins $10m fake monies.

Trade ya

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users