General Gaming News and Discussion

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah but there wouldn't be shit on the sides, just the top and bottom.
Once people started with the custom ui's, you could trim away a ton of those unnecessary pixels! (not my ui, though I had something similar but less terrible)
1712117851447.png

A little side-heavy, but sometimes the bottom gets full!

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
While it's a neat idea it's absolutely retarded fluff for stoners. I can't imagine why gaming is going down the tubes.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is an April fool's joke, right? I don't play the games, but I'm so confused...
It’s following the Fortnite model of just throwing all kinds of skins in the game. They have real life rapper skins, King Kong, Warhammer, and other shit.

• 1Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
insanity. glad i only have LG OLEDs

2024-04-04 19.13.51 www.lowpass.cc de02c526b9cc.png

For current owners of Roku TVs, at least it's an easy fix and even fairly cheap: Don't connect your TV to the internet and then stream through a non-Roku device. Of course the manufacturers of the other streaming devices will watch if it hurts Roku's bottom line, and respond with their own ad injector, if it looks like they will make more money.

Then you will have fewer options and probably need technical know how to circumvent it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The response should be financially damning to them, but there are so many braindead idiots in the world that the revenue generated will likely outpace the number of people who drop the service. But that's the immediate term and narrow sighted as they retain a now smaller portion of their user base. If their growth drops to zero as they can't attract new customers because of ads then they bleed out over time until another company buys them and the cycle repeats.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The response should be financially damning to them, but there are so many braindead idiots in the world that the revenue generated will likely outpace the number of people who drop the service. But that's the immediate term and narrow sighted as they retain a now smaller portion of their user base. If their growth drops to zero as they can't attract new customers because of ads then they bleed out over time until another company buys them and the cycle repeats.
I have one of their shitty tvs, and I hooked it up last week for the first time in god knows how long. I got a "agree to our new TOS or you can never use your TV again" popup. So they'll never get another cent from me, but to make it even worse, it was impossible to push the agree button without the remote which I couldn't find since I never use the stupid thing anyway. This should be in the rustled thread. Fuck those guys.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have one of their shitty tvs, and I hooked it up last week for the first time in god knows how long. I got a "agree to our new TOS or you can never use your TV again" popup. So they'll never get another cent from me, but to make it even worse, it was impossible to push the agree button without the remote which I couldn't find since I never use the stupid thing anyway. This should be in the rustled thread. Fuck those guys.
Here you go bro. 2 for $7!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user