Generalized family drama

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Good.

And this is where you fucked up.

There’s no way this would have ended positively for him. The little hens around his sister would get confirmation that he “needs to be nicer” and “no wonder he’s undatable” and also would probably put his ass at risk of some bullshit from HR harassing a poor woman in the workplace and frightening the other women.

His sister’s shit is fucking unacceptable, though, holy shit. My brother and I both work for the same company, though we’re on different teams. It’s a bit awkward as my engineering team and his innovation team are often at odds with one another (mostly some bullshit upper office politics from his boss). And while I’ll disagree with some of the stuff my brother does it works on while talking to my coworkers, I’d never talk shit about him in that manner and certainly not intimate personal details, other than showing off some stuff my niece and him did together or something. I’d feel pretty fucking shitty if he did that to me, for sure. Sorry you have to deal with this, man. That’s a fucked situation and hopefully this last talk got it through her head finally.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Some people are just shit, and that's all there is to it. I haven't talked to my dad in about 15 years, my mom in about 12, and one of my sisters in about the same. I regret none of it. They're absolutely garbage people who bring nothing to my life and I refuse to deal with it.

I don't understand what happened to the world to make some people think that family = people I get to treat like shit with no consequences, but I ain't having it. I got way better shit to do with my time. Im not getting guilted into some "oh, your neices" or "oh, muh grandkids," or "but what about Christmas." Nah. Fuck off. You don't get to be complete assholes for 40 years and then come at me with that shit. My kids and I don't deserve that. And while my kids are no doubt missing out on having grandparents, they would be missing out anyway, because I'm sure they'd be as shitty for the kids as they are to me.

• 1Truth!
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Some people are just shit, and that's all there is to it. I haven't talked to my dad in about 15 years, my mom in about 12, and one of my sisters in about the same. I regret none of it. They're absolutely garbage people who bring nothing to my life and I refuse to deal with it.

I don't understand what happened to the world to make some people think that family = people I get to treat like shit with no consequences, but I ain't having it. I got way better shit to do with my time. Im not getting guilted into some "oh, your neices" or "oh, muh grandkids," or "but what about Christmas." Nah. Fuck off. You don't get to be complete assholes for 40 years and then come at me with that shit. My kids and I don't deserve that. And while my kids are no doubt missing out on having grandparents, they would be missing out anyway, because I'm sure they'd be as shitty for the kids as they are to me.
Cut off dad sister mom everyone. Changed my last name. Never felt more free. Fuck shitty people

Last edited:

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have the pleasure of working with my sister.

My sister is fairly out going, loves to run her mouth about everything. Because of this shes said things to coworkers about my life, things that are generally unflattering and might make me seem weird/odd to them. I know this because ive had coworkers mention to me in the past things shes said about me.

So the other day I told her very calmly to not talk to our coworkers about my personal life, didnt yell at her didnt belittle her just nothing more than "hey dont talk about my personal life at work". What does she turn around and do? Tell our coworkers that I told her to not talk about me personally. I know because as I walking down a hallway one of them told me kind somewhat jokingly I need to be more nice to my sister, referring to what I told my sister.

Shortly after that Im doing something in a room nearby where my sister is working. As Im about to leave a female coworker, one who I think is attractive and asked for her number a while back comes up and mentions something about my dating life. I was a bit taken back so I just said uhh what? But then my sister and another female coworker walk up beside the first and begin talking about my dating life and how my sister was just joking and didnt really mean what she said about me.

Its at this point im genuinely speechless. The only thing I could think to say would be verbally ripping her head off as loud as I can. I dont do that though, as theres other coworkers in the general vicinity as well as a bunch of clients. So I just stand there for a minute with an ever more wtf look on my face. Eventually I say I need to talk to my sister privately. At first they think im joking, but I reiterate a bit more loudly then the coworkers finally go oh and leave.

Sister comes into the room and I immediately ask her what the fuck shes thinking telling them such things. Its completely innapproriate not just from a coworker standpoint, but a shitty thing to do as a sibling. Her only response is she was just joking,they all know she was joking as well so its no big deal. She gives me a really half assed apology saying she wont talk about me personally anymore and walks out the room.

The fundamental problem though, is that while she may tell our coworkers shes "joking" or act like shes teasing me, the things she said about me specifically my dating life are things she truly believes about me. Jist of it being the reason why Im single is because Im stingy and dont know how to treat a woman right. She honestly thinks Im undateable because I say a first date is going out and having a drink. To her(a meme stereotype, the paradigm of modern western woman) thats an insult, men arent worthy of dating unless they take the woman out to a good sit down restaurant meal for a first date. Shes literally told me word for word women have the pussy so theyre worth that level of treatment. This is something shes repeated to me for years now often times in a very condencending manner combined with an aura of smug superiority because shes married so in her eyes that means shes successful, even though her marriage is a dumpster fire.

May sound cliche but its midly depressing to know my own flesh and blood thinks so little of me. It was already bad enough shes told me im undateable and puts her gender before her brother, but to now see her telling coworkers the samething under the guise "its just a joke" is just infuriating. And its not like ive ever been a bad brother to her, ive always been there for her when shes needed help in her life, ive never talked bad about her to other people in our lives. And this is the end result?

iu
Your sister is 100% fucked up and in the wrong, but tiny bit not wrong? I mean as a casual observer you seem to have a lot of hangups/anger/strong opinions about women. Already working uphill finding one that isn't going to bat an eye at all your anime dragon hentai stuff. I think first date depends a lot on how you met/the person etc so it could be just a drink or may be better for at least a dinner somewhere half decent though ya, not some michelin star $100/plate shit.

• 1Truth!

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Big Phoenix Big Phoenix are you more mad that your sister betrayed you, or are you more mad that she is right? Like Sludig Sludig said you some issues when it comes to women. Go ahead and be mad at your sister, but your sister's words aren't why you are single.

I have told you before you are gonna have to lower your standards more and more the older you get. About 10 years ago it was simply get over your hate for tattoo, now it is more a long the lines of get over your disinterest in raising another dudes kids.

Not trying to dog pile on you Big P, I genuinely like you. I wish you all the happiness in the world and I hope you find love soon.

Edit: corrected "dispute" to "dog pile"

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Big Phoenix Big Phoenix are you more mad that your sister betrayed you, or are you more mad that she is right? Like Sludig Sludig said you some issues when it comes to women. Go ahead and be mad at your sister, but your sister's words aren't why you are single.

I have told you before you are gonna have to lower your standards more and more the older you get. About 10 years ago it was simply get over your hate for tattoo, now it is more a long the lines of get over your disinterest in raising another dudes kids.

Not trying to dispute on you Big P, I genuinely like you. I wish you all the happiness in the world and I hope you find love soon.
Well, I wouldn't agree with other people's kids except on the most remote perfect conditions. Some widowed Christian lady with like 1-2 behaved kids.

But unless gambling on unstable young gals with daddy issues, single lady in her 40s without baggage or drama is slim and if they don't, they I think would be more traditional about dates unless it came out of building some kind of friendship first

Fucker

Log Wizard
I have the pleasure of working with my sister.

My sister is fairly out going, loves to run her mouth about everything. Because of this shes said things to coworkers about my life, things that are generally unflattering and might make me seem weird/odd to them. I know this because ive had coworkers mention to me in the past things shes said about me.

So the other day I told her very calmly to not talk to our coworkers about my personal life, didnt yell at her didnt belittle her just nothing more than "hey dont talk about my personal life at work". What does she turn around and do? Tell our coworkers that I told her to not talk about me personally. I know because as I walking down a hallway one of them told me kind somewhat jokingly I need to be more nice to my sister, referring to what I told my sister.

Shortly after that Im doing something in a room nearby where my sister is working. As Im about to leave a female coworker, one who I think is attractive and asked for her number a while back comes up and mentions something about my dating life. I was a bit taken back so I just said uhh what? But then my sister and another female coworker walk up beside the first and begin talking about my dating life and how my sister was just joking and didnt really mean what she said about me.

Its at this point im genuinely speechless. The only thing I could think to say would be verbally ripping her head off as loud as I can. I dont do that though, as theres other coworkers in the general vicinity as well as a bunch of clients. So I just stand there for a minute with an ever more wtf look on my face. Eventually I say I need to talk to my sister privately. At first they think im joking, but I reiterate a bit more loudly then the coworkers finally go oh and leave.

Sister comes into the room and I immediately ask her what the fuck shes thinking telling them such things. Its completely innapproriate not just from a coworker standpoint, but a shitty thing to do as a sibling. Her only response is she was just joking,they all know she was joking as well so its no big deal. She gives me a really half assed apology saying she wont talk about me personally anymore and walks out the room.

The fundamental problem though, is that while she may tell our coworkers shes "joking" or act like shes teasing me, the things she said about me specifically my dating life are things she truly believes about me. Jist of it being the reason why Im single is because Im stingy and dont know how to treat a woman right. She honestly thinks Im undateable because I say a first date is going out and having a drink. To her(a meme stereotype, the paradigm of modern western woman) thats an insult, men arent worthy of dating unless they take the woman out to a good sit down restaurant meal for a first date. Shes literally told me word for word women have the pussy so theyre worth that level of treatment. This is something shes repeated to me for years now often times in a very condencending manner combined with an aura of smug superiority because shes married so in her eyes that means shes successful, even though her marriage is a dumpster fire.

May sound cliche but its midly depressing to know my own flesh and blood thinks so little of me. It was already bad enough shes told me im undateable and puts her gender before her brother, but to now see her telling coworkers the samething under the guise "its just a joke" is just infuriating. And its not like ive ever been a bad brother to her, ive always been there for her when shes needed help in her life, ive never talked bad about her to other people in our lives. And this is the end result?
Read post 95.

Your sister is straight up shit and your life would be much better without her. She'll get the hint next time her ass is in the wringer and you won't be there to unwring it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I think first date depends a lot on how you met/the person etc so it could be just a drink or may be better for at least a dinner somewhere half decent though ya, not some michelin star $100/plate shit.
If it was a woman I had known for some time like a close family friend maybe. But women you dont know on a personal level? Were getting drinks or something similar and seeing if theres any chemistry there.

This all stems from my sister saying for the longest time she has this "amazing" single friend that she'd love to set me up with. She has a condition for being setup though; I would have to agree to take her out to a good sit down restaurant as a date because as shes bluntly stated numerous times thats the level of treatment women deserve at a minimum. Ive never met this woman though, ive seen like 2 pictures of her. So ive always told her no thats dumb I have no idea who this woman is. She doesnt like that so thinks I dont know how to treat a woman and thus isnt worthy of dating. The way she talks about she finds it personally offensive I dont want meet her standards.

My sisters problem is shes very much the stereotypical western woman so her views on whats healthy or appropriate from a mans perspective is insanely warped. She spent her 20s partying it up dating bad boy after bad boy eventually having a few kids with a honest to god 75 iq kunckle dragger(he made good money at the time so was totally worth it). The guy she eventually married, was a dude she rejected in her 20s. She is literally the stepdads are men women wouldnt date if they didnt have kids meme. As a result her marriage is a near dumpster fire and her children are sadly a mess. But because shes married in her mind that means she knows what shes talking about when it comes to dating and relationships.
Big Phoenix Big Phoenix Big Phoenix Big Phoenix are you more mad that your sister betrayed you, or are you more mad that she is right? Like Sludig Sludig Sludig Sludig said you some issues when it comes to women. Go ahead and be mad at your sister, but your sister's words aren't why you are single.
Its the betryal, though shes wrong about why Im single so thats just more annoying than hurtful. Speaking with my brother shes done it to him as well, reveal personal things about him to random people.

As far as being single still, if I had to give a reason imo its because I really dont have much motivation or interest in dating in 2023. Aside from not having a partner, I live a pretty comfortable and more importantly stress free life(which my sister really despises). If the only goal was to be in a relationship that would be incredibly easy. I have zero problems going on dates, conversing with women, getting laid etc. But to find someone who adds to my life overall? Thats pretty damn hard.

And its not like I ever mention that to my sister or anyone else irl. Shes the one who always brings up why am i still single or why Im not dating anyone which always quickly devolves into im undateable.

In all honesty as much as I rag on tattoos here they arent some line in the sand when it comes to dating for me. Obviously if its something dumb on their neck or hands sure, but some dolphin or butterfly or whatever on an her ankle or back wouldnt stop me from dating a woman. Women with kids though? That is a very big line in the sand I wont cross and i get reminded why not to everytime I do anything with my sister and her husband.

• 1Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

DO NOT compromise on raising some other dudes kids.

Also -

Being single is a young dude problem. Being single in your 20s there's not a lot of shit you can do because you don't offer a lot to women if you're not super good looking with abs. But, once you get on the other side of 35, you become pretty attractive to chicks - all those girls who ignored you at 25? Well, they're into you now because they wasted their lives, and so are the new 25 year olds. Dating post 35 ain't bad at all, and I never touched any women with kids, wasn't a problem. Plenty of childless chicks 25-35 that you don't need to deal with that shit.

Tattoos are trash, yeah, but pretty minor in the grand scheme of shit. You do need to decide at some point what's worth arguing about. If you decide to sit around and wait for the "perfect" woman, you're gonna be dust and bones before that comes along. Like, my GF has more tattoos than I care for, BUT, she cooks 4+ nights a week (I grill 2 nights a week and always will, so I'm good with this), she keeps the house clean, she's fun to be around, she's got a good sense of humor, shes very agreeable (we've literally had about 4 arguments in 5 years) and shes good with my kids. What the fuck more do I want? If I wait around for the her that has no tattoos, I'm gonna go thru A LOT of fuckin women.

I just try to keep the nerd in the closet. Yeah, I still play video games....I just don't make it my main deal. They are a hobby in the evening in the winter, not a lifestyle. Getting shit done is the main thing that's attractive to women, so focus on that, and you should be good.

Edit - I replied to Oblio before I read your reply, Big P, you got it figured out, you're fucking good.

Your sister is trash, and that's the only problem you have.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
As far as being single still, if I had to give a reason imo its because I really dont have much motivation or interest in dating in 2023. Aside from not having a partner, I live a pretty comfortable and more importantly stress free life(which my sister really despises). If the only goal was to be in a relationship that would be incredibly easy. I have zero problems going on dates, conversing with women, getting laid etc. But to find someone who adds to my life overall? Thats pretty damn hard.

And its not like I ever mention that to my sister or anyone else irl. Shes the one who always brings up why am i still single or why Im not dating anyone which always quickly devolves into im undateable.

In all honesty as much as I rag on tattoos here they arent some line in the sand when it comes to dating for me. Obviously if its something dumb on their neck or hands sure, but some dolphin or butterfly or whatever on an her ankle or back wouldnt stop me from dating a woman. Women with kids though? That is a very big line in the sand I wont cross and i get reminded why not to everytime I do anything with my sister and her husband.
this is why eventually you ppl import a nice asian girl and have a happy life

sure eventually she'll force you to sponsor her family for importation, but the mom is really just a baby sitter and will love you more than her real sons anyway

• 3Worf
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 3 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your sister is 100% fucked up and in the wrong, but tiny bit not wrong?
Who cares if she's 100% right? That's not shit she should be casually discussing with co-workers. She either doesn't understand or care that there could be consequences for such things. That sounds toxic as fuck to me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Women can bring measuring tapes. Men can bring scales. LOL@Clownworld when a fat chick can be picky about anything other than lunch.

But did she make him take his shoes off?