Generation Zero

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Can´t belive this has not gotten more attention, coming out in two days;

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Looks interesting, but it's got an uphill battle since it's coming out in 2019. We're at peak open-world shooters if you ask me and this doesn't seem to bring anything new, it'll need to just execute really well.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
$35 bucks on Steam I think. That price will help it in sales I'd imagine.

Szlia

$35 bucks on Steam I think. That price will help it in sales I'd imagine.
I guess mileage may vary but some games in the past had poor success that was blamed on this type of price range. The perennial example is the first american release of Yakuza which had a similar kind of "budget" price point. The problem, apparently, is that it makes people think the game is a "budget" game and people are not interested in buying for 30ish bucks what they assume is a lame game.

The ecosystem changed a lot since then though, so maybe this kind of stigma is no longer in effect, but my gut feeling is that this kind of price only works for people curious about weird indie games. Something like Getting Over It With Bennett Foddy can become a big hit because of a sub $10 price point (in conjunction with its "streamability"), but suddenly people are less daring with something like Stephen's Sausage Roll or Return Of The Obra Dinn....

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I think this is a lovely game, but its mainly because of their spot on details of the 80s I grew up with in Sweden. I do not see that translate to a wider audience.

I doubt it will be a hit, even though its not bad beside the inventory management so far.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I don't see them having enough content for this to have any legs. It looks fun but I have a feeling it'll be something everyone is completely done with in a month.

spronk

FPS noob
its leaving gamepass in 3 days so probably not

i tend to play games leaving gamepass for daily achievements (Microsoft Rewards) and have been enjoying this game for a week or so, its definitely a heavy 80s nostalgia, Stranger Things vibe, with some of the goofy old Lucasarts point and click humor. The combat is a little too button mashy/perfect timing to be a really fun game, but I'm almost done and its probably a 5-6 hour game, a bit less if you follow a optimized walkthrough

like with almost all the gamepass games I've played, its fun when its free, dunno if I'd really pay money for it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user