Get Out Alive - Bear Grylls

Bane_sl

shitlord
http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/n...withbeargrylls

?Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls? is a larger-than-life adventure reality competition series hosted by world-renowned survivalist Bear Grylls.

Grylls leads this non-stop extreme survival journey that tests 10 teams of two beyond their wildest imaginations as they venture into the unforgiving and dramatic landscape of New Zealand?s South Island. Their mission is threefold: survive the wild, journey as a group and avoid elimination. Each week, Bear will send home another team. In the end, only one duo will remain ? the team that he believes has shown the most heart, courage, initiative and resolve in their quest to ?get out alive? and claim a life-changing grand prize of $500,000.
First challenge tonight: Drinking piss.

Not even joking. I always liked BG, but man he just embodies that whole joke doesn't he?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Not a fan of him. I remember watching him dive into some ice cold water in sub zero temperatures and thinking to myself "lucky you have a full camp with heaters, generators and everything else set up to save your stupid ass".

#LesStroud

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I watched this, adding it to the garbage I still fill in time with, like Pawn Stars, I originally thought it was going to be like a Survivor: Hardcore, where they have to vote each other off and maybe they form alliances etc.

Can't even watch with the hope that someone gets attacked by some dangerous animal as it's New Zealand.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
show is pretty blah, funny thing is the show naked and afraid is pretty entertaining. It's basically les stroud vs bear grylls, once you get over the sillyness of 2 ppl naked for 21 days and all they get is 1 survival item of their choice (obvious ones are knife or firestarter). I mean you see a couple trying to make a fire for 3 days, imagine trying to make a fire for 72hours, and they have to do this to boil water to drink or they dehydrate.

while this bear grylls show, contestants are given like all the gear from REI (or walmart since they're sponsored by them), they're given an already dead dear to eat. It's basically camping with bear grylls while he hazes you into drinking your own urine.

don't get me wrong, it's not bad, it's kinda better than the amazing race, and if you need something to watch while you raid, sure, it's ok.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Could never get into shows like this, knowing no one is ever in any type of actual danger whatsoever (unless they're stupid and fall off a cliff, or something).

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
anyone watching this series? i have it playing in the background... I do NOT understand this show? it's your basic team elimination, 8? teams go on an adventure together, they go through challenges and at the end bear decides who goes home. The first elimination was a no brainer, a pair of black chicks get sent home, in all of reality tv, black chicks as a pair get sent home because they don't work well with others, never pull their own weight and are just lazy, that's reality tv rules!. Now they have an old black couple, who are also overweight as well, they slow down the group, they can't even carry their own backpack... you'd think they'd be gone the second week?
nope, a couple gets sent home cuz the girl is sick... ok i guess
the third week? apparently bear sent home another couple cuz the girl was emo or had a bad attitude.
the 4th week bear again didn't send home the old black couple, who by this time have had the entire team carry them through everything, no he sends home a mother daughter team cuz the mom freaks out over cooked baby chickens. apparently the black old couple has "spirit" and that's what bear likes. this show is just as stupid as the fake surival host, all he does is complain (he doesn't comment) about the ppl who have to walk up mountains with a tiny rope, comes down, brings a maggot or a leech, eats one and says, ok now you all eat some, and goes back to his (probably) luxury suite.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I watched the one where the girl got sent home for having a "bad attitude." This show is pretty retarded. The black couple almost drowned, but they sent the other pair home because she cried when her bad wasn't waterproofed. And it looked like she maybe had a problem eating all the retarded shit that Bear makes them eat.

The whole premise makes absolutely no sense though.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
The whole premise makes absolutely no sense though.
I think the premise is pretty self expanitory. Pretty much doing whatever you need, in a survival situation, to get out of it alive.

I'm somewhat surprised at the hate for Bear. The guy jumps buck naked into fucking frigid waters, on purpose, to show how to get out without freezing to death. He was in the SAS (reserves), and climbed Mount Everest. Yeah, during some episodes of his "reality" show they didn't show you everything and it wasn't quite what it seemed. What a shock. A reality show that wasn't quite real some of the time...
confused.png

I'm sure there will then be the comparison of Bear to Les at this point. And yeah, Les it cool too. But remember, he's not all alone either. On the Alaskin survival one with the sled dogs, he showed that the conditions got so bad they had to call it, and that his "safe" base was only a few miles away.

Look, they are making TV shows. Nobody wants to see thier awesome host get killed or maimed. So yeah, they take precautions and some of it's not real. Just like every other reality show.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think the premise is pretty self expanitory. Pretty much doing whatever you need, in a survival situation, to get out of it alive.

I'm somewhat surprised at the hate for Bear. The guy jumps buck naked into fucking frigid waters, on purpose, to show how to get out without freezing to death. He was in the SAS (reserves), and climbed Mount Everest. Yeah, during some episodes of his "reality" show they didn't show you everything and it wasn't quite what it seemed. What a shock. A reality show that wasn't quite real some of the time...
confused.png

I'm sure there will then be the comparison of Bear to Les at this point. And yeah, Les it cool too. But remember, he's not all alone either. On the Alaskin survival one with the sled dogs, he showed that the conditions got so bad they had to call it, and that his "safe" base was only a few miles away.

Look, they are making TV shows. Nobody wants to see thier awesome host get killed or maimed. So yeah, they take precautions and some of it's not real. Just like every other reality show.
there's a difference between having a "safe base" in case you are near death vs. fake sleeping, and when the cameras are off goto the holiday inn.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this is the most rigged show on reality tv, it's just like bear grills himself!

first couple sent home, are two black girls, cuz they're two black girls
2nd couple cuz girl doesn't eat
3rd cuz girl is emo
4th cuz the two girls can't eat fcking embryo baby chicks
5th finally old black couple no one likes, they're so worthless, the black guy is a fishing boat captain and can't swim!
6th the gay guys get sent home, cuz it's slim pickings now and no one wants the gays to win on the premiere season
7th normal couple finally get's sent home, this couple is basically the bitch says "if you want something done, my guy will help you out"

right now we're down to

2 guys who are just guys, one guy has a bad knee

father/son, love to do everything, perform the top 3, wins the most

father/daugther, bleh

at this point everything has been subjective, or rather whatever the fck bear feels like or probably more true, whatever the producers want out to win.

there is only one thing that prevents this, that is the "survival challenge" if you win, you're entirely safe, so bear has to choose a different team to send home.

this last episode, i'm thinking is gonna be entirely subjective as well.

the winner will be

father/daughter.

why? no one wants the 2 strong guys to win, sure there's sob story of one guy have a bad knee from an accident, but fck you, that's not great tv. the father/son is a good one to win too, they're basically the Dream tv of reality tv, they win the most challenges, they fck up the least and are always in the top 3, (unless it makes for good tv to put them low). But having the father/daughter win is better tv.

the father carries the daughter, she's pretty worthless and is a cheerleader, yes she's the only female and has survived so far, even beating out many stronger couples, and for that i think the producers want this team to win, it makes for a better tv to have the father/daughter win, more "feels" and it'll let them get a second season. It'd be a better story to say that the father/daughter survived the challenge over the father/son, the 2 guys just suck for tv so no one cares for them.