Ghostbusters (2016)

Caliane

staypuft.

sigh. Just so ill conceived.

I will buck the trend on the ghost visuals though. I do like the neon/glow in the dark ghosts. Reminds me of the Haunted mansion, and alot of Halloween decorations from the 70's, and black velvet paintings.
I think the art design on that is on point. however, they failed to put it into the proper context. And, remind people of what they are homaging, and basing their ghost designs on. This is particularly true for those younger, who may not even know what old halloween stuff looked like.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I was hoping the first trailer was just a bad trailer and they would put out a good one. Nope! I eagerly wait the internet trying to break it's previous dislike record with a new champ.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
staypuft.

sigh. Just so ill conceived.

I will buck the trend on the ghost visuals though. I do like the neon/glow in the dark ghosts. Reminds me of the Haunted mansion, and alot of Halloween decorations from the 70's, and black velvet paintings.
I think the art design on that is on point. however, they failed to put it into the proper context. And, remind people of what they are homaging, and basing their ghost designs on. This is particularly true for those younger, who may not even know what old halloween stuff looked like.

I HOPE THEY INVERT THE JOKE AND ITS KATE MCKENNON WHO IS HUNGRY FOR SOME MARSHMELLOWS INSTEAD OF DAN ACKROYD IN THE ORIGINAL BECAUSE FAT JOKES ARE HURTFUL EVEN THOUGH MCCARTHY HAS LIVED OFF FAT JOKES FOR A DECADE NOW!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm seeing some bits of a good film in there but it just looks like its going to be too jokey plus the jokes aren't great. If it was a bit more serious and a little less live action Scooby Doo I'd be damned interested.

I always liked when Mr. Staypuft would make an appearance in the cartoon so I'm glad to see he's in this one.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Tanoomba please just set your money on fire. Don't give it to these fucking idiots.
Actually, I'd rather behave like a sane person and just wait for the reviews. If it gets terrible reviews, I'll wait for Netflix/a torrent. If it gets decent reviews, I'll catch it in the theater with my parents.

I also think the ghosts look pretty good.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Why would you do that to your parents? You sound like a terrible daughter.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Why would you do that to your parents? You sound like a terrible daughter.
Why would I take my parents to see a decent movie with a fun premise, engaging visuals and a few laughs? I dunno, I guess I'm just crazy that way.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I thought we're talking about this new Ghostbusters movie?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
The part where you think it has a chance of getting decent reviews by anyone other than pandering misogyny warriors.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
The part where you think it has a chance of getting decent reviews by anyone other than pandering misogyny warriors.
Of course it has a chance. Maybe not a great one, but trailers have been misleading before. Are you so desperate for something to argue about that you have to take jabs at me for merely taking a "wait and see" stance? Jesus Christ, that's pathetic.

Reviews are often as useful as reading one of your posts.
Oh great, and now we've got a dog pile going. I'm out.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Of course it has a chance. Maybe not a great one, but trailers have been misleading before. Are you so desperate for something to argue about that you have to take jabs at me for merely taking a "wait and see" stance? Jesus Christ, that's pathetic.
Taking jabs at you is basically like drinking a morning coffee. It's just part of the daily routine at ReRolled.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Don't inflict this film on your parents, Tanoomba. They're old and have probably been through a lot. Just watch the original. My family watches it every Halloween, and it's still perfect, perfect in every way.

There is a 0% chance this film will not suck. That fact was just confirmed by this new trailer.