Ghostbusters (2016)

Siliconemelons

The reason why people are upset or whatever about the "way" they are doing things is because they are trying to SJW a movie to financial and social success that is a total turd - they start by making you feel like a evil monster if you disagree or voice concern over anything related to it - hell the presidential race is doing the same thing - its socially acceptable to openly root for team X but if you even say anything in relation counter to X or pro Y - your an evil turd burglar and should be shunned and killed.

I am going to reboot Rambo and make it a 5ft 10 leggy big boobed blond that oogles all the cops then kills them and use the same platform as ghostbusters here used to make millions, sounds like a solid retirement plan to me!

Edit: No, ill massacre something even more - I will make it GI Jane 2 PTSD edition! damn I will get tons of SJWs supporting me and my crap movie that destroys a legacy of its predecessor!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It will make money because a certain percentage of people will go see it to see how had it is.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The RT % is simply positive versus negative reviews, if you want an actual rating you would have to look at the film's individual page for the average rating. Using your two movies as an example:

40% - 5/10 Rating -Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates(2016) - Rotten Tomatoes
67% - 5.7/10 Rating -Central Intelligence(2016) - Rotten Tomatoes

Now click theTop Criticsnext to the Tomatometer title:

39% - 5.8/10 Rating - Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
63% - 5.2/10 Rating - Central Intelligence

Strange, CI got a higher percent yet a worse average rating (despite remaining consistent with the overall)? We can even further compare the user votes and both are exactly the same at 70% liked it with 3.7/5 rating.
Bottom line is that RT does not do well with controversial or borderline movies in the 5.0 - 6.0 rating range
Thanks for the tutorial. Coupla comments.
1. In case it wasn't clear, I was wondering what the discrepancy in the ghostbuster reviews meant. The 2 comedies was a separate question.
2. Haven't seen mike and dave yet, but I have a theory about the inversion you noted on those reviews. Adam devine seems to be a guy you either love or hate.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
they start by making you feel like a evil monster if you disagree or voice concern over anything related to it - hell the presidential race is doing the same thing - its socially acceptable to openly root for team X but if you even say anything in relation counter to X or pro Y - your an evil turd burglar and should be shunned and killed.
...But enough about Rerolled.

tumblr_mv00nqAFZC1sfyszho1_500.gif

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I thought mike and Dave was pretty dang funny, for what that's worth. All four main cast members were solid, and it was well written. Plenty of LOLs.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for the tutorial. Coupla comments.
1. In case it wasn't clear, I was wondering what the discrepancy in the ghostbuster reviews meant. The 2 comedies was a separate question.
2. Haven't seen mike and dave yet, but I have a theory about the inversion you noted on those reviews. Adam devine seems to be a guy you either love or hate.
Basically, Ghostbusters' true rating is likely in the 4.0-6.0 range but all of the bloggers and web wonders are trying to prop it up with positive reviews. The trouble is even the most glaringly biased reviewers can only score it a 8.0 because the movie isn't good enough to lie with a 9 or 10 without being called out on it (worse than they already are).

4.0 would be a total failure but it sounds like as if the movie isn't completely awful so I'd peg it around Mike and Dave or CI level. Yet the studio still threw gobs of money at it and couldn't come away with something better all the while alienating and insulting men + fans of the original.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Tracking reviews, reviewers, celeb reactions, etc. christ. who gives a fuck?
Yeah, god forbid we examine in any detail how reviews and reviewers are manipulated. We should really just pay attention to all of it superficially and take without question whatever we are given!

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I don't give remotely enough of a shit about pointless faux outrage to go looking for SJW-produced articles about Ghostbusters, but most of what I've seen linked here said "Those who hate the new Ghostbusters because it stars women are misogynist." ...Which is an apt statement.

Maybe there are cases where literally anybody who thinks the movie looks bad was labeled misogynist. I have absolutely seen examples that DIDN'T do that described as such anyway, however, so I'll have to take it with a grain of salt. History shows exactly the same exaggerated reactions ("We're under attack!" "Gamers are accused of being misogynist!") that didn't reflect the reality of the situation, after all.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Im happy this movie is finally out. Now the faggots can go see it and jerk off and this will be gone in two weeks completely forgotten. Just like the robocop, red dawn and total recall abortions

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't give remotely enough of a shit about pointless faux outrage to go looking for SJW-produced articles about Ghostbusters, but most of what I've seen linked here said "Those who hate the new Ghostbusters because it stars women are misogynist." ...Which is an apt statement.

Maybe there are cases where literally anybody who thinks the movie looks bad was labeled misogynist. I have absolutely seen examples that DIDN'T do that described as such anyway, however, so I'll have to take it with a grain of salt. History shows exactly the same exaggerated reactions ("We're under attack!" "Gamers are accused of being misogynist!") that didn't reflect the reality of the situation, after all.
History shows you didn't believe the moon landing was real...So honestly how accurate can your assessment be?

Xevy

Log Wizard
From "They're not letting people review it" to "they're only letting 80 people review it!" to "they selected those 80 people with agendas" to "the scores don't match their words!"

You guuuuyyssss!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If it's better than people were expecting that's fine with me and it makes the actions of the studio even more ridiculous. If any of the reviewers I care about give it anything along the lines of "eh, it was alright" or better I'll go catch a matinee.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From "They're not letting people review it" to "they're only letting 80 people review it!" to "they selected those 80 people with agendas" to "the scores don't match their words!"

You guuuuyyssss!
Metacritic already dropped to 59, RT Top critics have it at a 6.2. What $150M blockbuster remake thinks 6/10 (and dropping) is a success?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Did it make money? Thats what they care about.
One of the things that I find unfortunate about modern film making is that making money isn't enough for the studios anymore. They want to makecrazymoney AND have a franchise on their hands. They don't want to just make a Ghostbusters film that people like and is financially successful. They want to jump start an entire cinematic universe with a megahit. Anything below that is seen as a failure by the suits.

It's fucked up.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If anyone here sees this movie and pays money to see it, you should be brought outside, put up against a wall, and shot 65 times in the face.