Ghostbusters (2016)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The bloggers got this the certified fresh badge, really funny that it replaces the rotten icon even when you click over to Top Critics despite the 25% drop.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Critic reviews are worthless unless it is from a reviewer you like. Way to many agendas being pushed by reviewers these days.

Only trust the audience reviews and know that the movie will likely be somewhat worse than the audience score.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
If this movie becomes one of those movies with a high differential gap (say over 55%) between critics and audience on rotten tomatoes, what would that say about the critics that gave this movie a fresh rating?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
It's probably going to be a big hit with kids, decent popularity for non-hostile adults, make a good amount of money, and most certainly spawn a new GB franchise. I think of lot of this forum is "get off my lawn"ing pretty hard and hasn't quite realized that they're the vocal minority, not the majority.
This is also how I see it.

Instead of watching this movie I will just watch Spy again. Now that was funny.
Only saw the last few minutes of Spy and it looked pretty dumb. Having said that, Bridesmaids was very funny and so was The Heat.

Critic reviews are worthless unless it is from a reviewer you like. Way to many agendas being pushed by reviewers these days.

Only trust the audience reviews and know that the movie will likely be somewhat worse the audience score.
Is it critics' agendas or just a perception of their agendas? Seems to me audience reviews are far more susceptible to agenda-pushing, especially since they tend to focus more on the "controversy" and less on whatever it is they're critiquing (see: Gone Home).

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
If this movie becomes one of those movies with a high differential gap (say over 55%) between critics and audience on rotten tomatoes, what would that say about the critics that gave this movie a fresh rating?
What would it say about the audience reviews?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's probably going to be a big hit with kids
I don't want to see this. I showed my kids Ghostbusters 1 and 2 a couple of months ago, and they loved them. So they've informed me that we are going to go see "Girl Ghostbusters." I may go, but I'll be rolling my eyes the whole time.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Is it critics' agendas or just a perception of their agendas? Seems to me audience reviews are far more susceptible to agenda-pushing, especially since they tend to focus more on the "controversy" and less on whatever it is they're critiquing (see: Gone Home).
Yep, it's the audience with an agenda.Totally.

Since it was announced, people (if men actually count as people)have been losing their shit over the new Ghostbusters reboot simply because the Ghostbusters are all women this time around.If a particularly shrill segment of the male population can't deal with the notion of proton guns as functioning ghost-capturing tools and not just neon penis extensions, could they possibly deal with a gay female Ghostbuster? A real, you know, lesbian type?

Tell us again how Anita wasn't talking about Hitman, or why you doubted the moon landing or any of your other fantastic powers of observation on display.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Yep, it's the audience with an agenda.Totally.

Since it was announced, people (if men actually count as people)have been losing their shit over the new Ghostbusters reboot simply because the Ghostbusters are all women this time around.If a particularly shrill segment of the male population can?t deal with the notion of proton guns as functioning ghost-capturing tools and not just neon penis extensions, could they possibly deal with a gay female Ghostbuster? A real, you know, lesbian type?

Tell us again how Anita wasn't talking about Hitman, or why you doubted the moon landing or any of your other fantastic powers of observation on display.
I'm not sure if you understand what a movie critic or a movie review is.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Congrats everyone, Ghostbusters is now associated with agendas. We all win. Our society is enriched by all of this.

The movie is bad, people without scruples and morality make the thing look good. This is why I don't like people or things.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
You don't think movies can be used as a form of propaganda? Herr Goebbels would like to have a chat with you.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm not sure if you understand what a movie critic or a movie review is.
You're being purposely obtuse, from the Hitman wonder, I wouldn't expect otherwise.

rrr_img_136674.png

Szlia

You don't think movies can be used as a form of propaganda? Herr Goebbels would like to have a chat with you.
I find it a bit perplexing that when people question and analyze the content of video games and the impact it might have on the people who play them, people around the board are like "These are just games, just mindless fun, how can it have any impact on anyone?", but when we have an all female remake of a classic movie it is a terrible piece of feminist propaganda made to brainwash people...

I have not seen the movie nor checked the aforementioned reviews, but someone complaining all male characters in a movie are stupid, coward or evil must not have seen a lot of movies or simply never realized the number of them where women are all stupid, coward or evil (off the top of my head, isn't that the case with the original Ghostbuster? I only remember a dumb blond student getting wooed by Bill Murray and a possessed Sigourney Weaver that becomes a vessel for the evil antagonist - disclaimer: I saw it just once and more than 20 years ago).

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Definitely agree with your sentiment in general, but Sigourney was pretty smart and talented before being possessed, not really her fault.