Ghostbusters (2016)

Agraza

Registered Hutt
No, it was lame. I immediately rewatched the original afterward just to check that concept.

Part of it for me was that they just made it way too easy for them to put everything together. The nerdy shit in the original was more low-key and earnest. I liked the new Egon, no doubt, but she was basically a magician. That's just one of many gripes with the new one.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I can't believe that much internet ire was generated over this unfunny, unmemorable, unnecessary remake.

This isn't some anti-women or anti-Feig sentiment - go watch Spy, which was probably 2015's best comedy (depending on how you classify Ant-Man) - it's the bizarre choices to cast McCarthy and Wiig and tell them "Be Dull", cast Leslie Jones and tell her "Be Black", and then give them a script that does nothing better than the original. (Fine, the haunted Thanksgiving Day Parade was cute.) Only telling McKinnon "Be Weird" worked out of this entire thing.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Fucking lol at this winning best movie, best male actor, and best female actor at the Kids Choice Awards. That shit had to have been rigged for feels.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Fucking lol at this winning best movie, best male actor, and best female actor at the Kids Choice Awards. That shit had to have been rigged for feels.

How dare you question the sanctity of the Kids Choice Awards?!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
best male actor

P6XduSJ.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
You guys are still crying about this stupid movie? It was a bomb, time to move on nerds.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Have not seen it. Will never see it-- not even if I flip across it on premium cable TV on an off night.

Rated 1 star. I win.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Have not seen it. Will never see it-- not even if I flip across it on premium cable TV on an off night.

Rated 1 star. I win.
no, watch it one time and then you can appreciate how bad it was. if you havent seen it you probably think its a bunch of dumb virtue signalling landwhales and bulldykes fighting the ghost patriarchy. and thats what it is, but its also much much worse than that because they dragged the original movie cast in for cringe cameos too.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
interesting how he took a shot at Bill Murray toward the end, it's 100% true. one may think after how poorly Ghostbusters 2 was received Murray thought that a third movie was probably not a good idea. but, the fact that he went along with this horrible fucking reboot, took that notion and tossed it in the shitter. he was buttmad at Ramis and he only waited for him to fucking die before he came in for this. so yeah murray may be a great and funny actor, but he's a fucking garbage asshole as a human being.

• 1Picard

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
interesting how he took a shot at Bill Murray toward the end, it's 100% true. one may think after how poorly Ghostbusters 2 was received Murray thought that a third movie was probably not a good idea. but, the fact that he went along with this horrible fucking reboot, took that notion and tossed it in the shitter. he was buttmad at Ramis and he only waited for him to fucking die before he came in for this. so yeah murray may be a great and funny actor, but he's a fucking garbage asshole as a human being.
wasn't he gonna be sue'd? by Sony?
Sony Might Sue Bill Murray For Not Playing Ball On Ghostbusters

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

PR nightmare/insider nightmare I'd think. Murray is an A lister with a few truckloads of friends going back decades.

They had to have just been firing a shot across his bow. If they ever actually consulted with the legal department regarding this, then SJW brain-rot.

He is invincible to anything one studio could likely do. Can't smear him because he knows too many people and is too deeply entrenched in Hollywood.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they might have gotten the legal suits at Sony to play that card to get murray (and the other original cast members), but i doubt they would have gone forward with it. this was a 150 -175 million dollar project and they sure didnt need the bad publicity of suing people to get them to appear in the film. i mean really, who has ever been sued to appear in a movie? they could have done far worse to threaten to spread bad word around town on murray that he was "difficult" to work with and that would have hit his wallet bigger. pascale is a fucking retard and her attempt at any kind of legal strong arming is some typical dumb petty bitch shit.

nah man, they werent gonna sue and they didnt want him to play venkman, they just wanted his fucking endorsement and he would have been handsomely paid his likely one day on the set for the scene, completely different from expecting him to play lead and be at first call for 3-5 months.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Bill Murray could rip a script out of another studios hands, knock over his drink onto the guy's lap while the guy is reading it at lunch, look at 2 pages, and say, "put me on it, I don't see a role for me" and **MIC DROP** walk off letting the script fall onto the spilled drink-- it would be rewritten for him by next week with a whole different story.

Complete with an apology from the writer for not moving out of the way of the drink he knocked over fast enough.

I don't think he is concerned about anyone smearing him. He is already known as a "lovable asshole" for quite some time now. Many women have mentioned about his sharp tongue on set.

Last edited: