Ghostbusters (2016)

Sterling

El Presidente
Maybe they're attempting to appeal to Red Sox and Patriots fans. This movie seems about on par with that particular demographic.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Petition to change the title of this thread to: "Ghostbusters and the Infinite Butthurt".

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
While out for a walk at lunch I stumbled upon the trailers for whatever they are filming today. Seems to be they are doing subway shots down in the T service tunnels under South Station. I saw a lot of "subway ghost" "scary tunnel ghost" etc names on the trailers plus trailers for all the principle ghostbusters listed by their character names 'Erin' for Kristen Wiig, 'Abby' for Melissa McCarthy, 'Holtzmann' for Kate McKinnon

Haha... It's amazing how some reboots are better than the original and then there is this pile of garbage. I was hoping the remake would be a dark twist, similar to what Batman Return was.

Sterling

El Presidente
The thing with successful reboots is that they're usually of properties that were good but not necessarily huge hits. Remaking wildly popular movies seems like a pretty bad idea most of the time, you'll have a hard time pleasing people that love the original.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
The studio made 1st Ghostbusters for product placement alone. Now they're making a separate male/female series for better demographic targeting.

rrr_img_104671.jpg

rrr_img_104672.jpg

rrr_img_104673.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
at last it was organic product placement and not little mini ads for them. walking dead everything is falling apart or destroyed, yet they drove this gleaming spotless hyundai or whatever car that would never break down. thats how they do shit now. in this movie every brand name shown will be out of place and complimentary, Stay-Puft MM would never be a monster in this day and age or Oscar Meyer ham being referred to as bad food.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Product placement doesn't really bother me. I find it more distracting when there is a complete lack of it. Everything is generic and plain. That's just not how life is. Product placement is fucking everywhere in the real world.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Yeah, boring, fat, unfunny women and shitty 80s cars are also everywhere in the real world, but that doesn't mean I want them in my Ghostbusters reboot.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Towards the end of the Fringe series the product placement was getting out of hand. I still have nightmares from an episode where they were basically showcasing some car's reverse camera system. Fucking hell!

Organic product placement doesn't rustle my jimmies too much though.