Ghostbusters (2016)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
uhKcnEK.jpg

Note: These are anecdotes, I don't think it will flop on its first weekend. Just some larger tube critics making comments.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
17 million opening day, 45ish million weekend. Would be great for a comedy except it has a blockbuster budget.

Cinemascore is b+ so far, same as spy and bridesmaids.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Blockbuster budget playing on the Ghostbuster's name, yet is doing mediocre. Sad, nice job Feig.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dunno if the movie is good or not, but this isn't good. Local theater that is always sold out for first week showings of stuff at this time.

ZvziqeA.png

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I will be surprised if it holds the $46M estimate and doesn't drop sharply through Sunday. With Star Trek next week I could see a 70%+ fall for the 2nd weekend and without China that doesn't look good.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The movie's poor reception says more about the socially inept neckbeards who are emotionally invested in the failure of a movie they don't even intend to watch.
Are the bulk of the movie-going population 'socially inept neckbeards?' Because it looks to me like even the people who are enjoying the film recognize its mediocrity.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Are the bulk of the movie-going population 'socially inept neckbeards?' Because it looks to me like even the people who are enjoying the film recognize its mediocrity.
I didn't say it was a good movie. It's a mindless, entertaining reboot of a mediocre 80s movie. Even if it were a great movie, its box office numbers and review scores would suffer because you have a bunch of silly virgin dorks upset about an all-female cast.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I didn't say it was a good movie. It's a mindless, entertaining reboot of a mediocre 80s movie. Even if it were a great movie, its box office numbers and review scores would suffer because you have a bunch of silly virgin dorks upset about an all-female cast.
And there are a bunch of silly virgin feminists all stoked about an all-female cast on the other side artificially propping up reviews. I'm sure it balances out.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm trolling because I'm not part of the sensitive 80s nostalgia retards brandishing pitchforks over a reboot of a crappy movie?
No, I believe Xevy actually believes that, and I don't believe he's trolling--I think he's just wrong. You, though, you're trolling so exaggerated in every thread you're in it's just funny at this point. Like a kid trying really hard to act grown up, and wondering why no one takes him seriously. You're a bad troll, Super--take some lessons from Tan in how to act genuine so you can bait people a little before doing the whole retard routine.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
No, I believe Xevy actually believes that, and I don't believe he's trolling--I think he's just wrong. You, though, you're trolling so exaggerated in every thread you're in it's just funny at this point. Like a kid trying really hard to act grown up, and wondering why no one takes him seriously. You're a bad troll, Super--take some lessons from Tan in how to act genuine so you can bait people a little before doing the whole retard routine.
Indeed... He just doesn't make it fun.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
If this piece of shit fails financially I'm more likely to get better quality films in the future.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oh, come on. Supertouch isn't that bad of a troll. He vanishes for awhile. It's not like it's non stop Tanoomba stuff.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
"Trolling so exaggerated." Holy fuck. Do you have an ounce of self-awareness? Holding an opposing view does not equal "trolling." My views aren't even extreme enough for a reasonable person to consider them trolling.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh, come on. Supertouch isn't that bad of a troll. He vanishes for awhile. It's not like it's non stop Tanoomba stuff.
I think a_skeleton_03 just forgets to log him on for extended periods, and then is like, "oh shit, yeah, supertouch! Forgot about that one."

Quaid

Trump's Staff
"Trolling so exaggerated." Holy fuck. Do you have an ounce of self-awareness? Holding an opposing view does not equal "trolling." My views aren't even extreme enough for a reasonable person to consider them trolling.
It's not just the nature of your opinions, it's your general behaviour that exposes you as a low-tier troll. You parachute into threads with what you clearly know is an unpopular opinion. Then you drop a 1 or 2 line post that you know will be inflammatory, that usually contains a weak insult against the people already participating in the discussion. You do this in multiple threads, and it's really not hard to recognize the pattern.

You need to up your game, because given your trolling skills, you're only gonna get a rise out of the most severe of autists. That's like shooting fish in a barrel, and really isn't very fun.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
There were two feminists in front of us, and two behind us, they kept clapping and literally SCREAM laughing at minor scenes that were intended to 'stick it' to men. It was actually really pathetic. The girl I was with, who does the Tumblr feminist shit actually was embarrassed by them.

HAHAH WARNING LETS ARE FOR DUDES NOT US LADIES HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Fuck me that movie was fucking bad.
Try harder.