Ghostbusters : Afterlife

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Saw this last week.

I liked the first two acts, had a similar feel to the originals while being different and modern enough to not be a pointless rehash.

The third act wss a pointless rehash. The OG Ghostbusters were used perfectly, especially Ray. Didn't need to see a shot for shot Zuul remake but with offputting asexuality instead of hot asexuality.

I liked the Harold Raimis tribute with his ghost form at the end, but I feel like they filmed four versions and put them all in instead of choosing one, so it got awkward with people staring at a dead actor.

Interested in a sequel where they cover new ground. Autistic grandaughter was great but diverse girlfriend not so much.

Goonsquad Officer
i always have a hard time buying an ancient ass actor in an action scene.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The remake wasn't anything amazing, but it wasn't bad considering how terrible most remakes are. Plus, I felt like if I were 10 years old again, I probably would've liked it a lot. It's sometimes hard to judge "kids" movies through the lens of my 38 year old self, rather than my 10 year old self.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was a fun watch. I enjoyed it. If youre a cranky old fuck then you probably wont like it for no reason other than its not the original movie.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was a fun watch. I enjoyed it. If youre a cranky old fuck then you probably wont like it for no reason other than its not the original movie.
i am a cranky old fuck and the time to do this was when the video game came out and pass the torch to people who could believably fit the role when Harold Ramis was actually still alive. Bill Murray is a fucking asshole and shouldnt have held a grudge against Ramis for the rest of his life.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
i always have a hard time buying an ancient ass actor in an action scene.
Ernie Hudson is 78 and compared to Dan and Bill, it wouldn't seem impossible. However, it's hard to get rid of that old man walk and movement ala DeNiro in the Irishman.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
huh didnt even know there was a sequel, coming march 29th 2024

looks decent, the night king in new york lol
should have given it, its own thread.

but anyway. I could do without patton oswald, and the horrible CGI ice spikes. this also seems to be implying people actually directly die from the ghost here. overall also seems too much action oriented.

Cybsled

Ernie Hudson is 78 and compared to Dan and Bill, it wouldn't seem impossible. However, it's hard to get rid of that old man walk and movement ala DeNiro in the Irishman.

The worst was the beat down on the curb in front of the store with “young Deniro”. It was this blatantly obvious “old man movement” that just took you out of the film. At least get some younger stuntman and just deepfake the actor’s likeness into them. They already have stuntmen standin for actors anyways, this just makes it more believable than some Spaceballs level “you’ve captured their stunt doubles!”

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user