Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I was an absolute Ghostbusters fanatic from the ages of 3-6. Had every toy, the firehouse, Ecto 1, slime galore, proton pack, all of it. Even with all that, this movie just didn't really do much for me. I don't know if it's just me getting older or what, but it was just 2 hours of "MEMBER BERRIES!" for me. I'd have rather just watched the original, to be honest.

That said, it's still a solid movie, just didn't move the needle for me much.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Memberberry garbage.

Paul Rudd is the only redeeming thing about this film.

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Memberberry garbage.

Paul Rudd is the only redeeming thing about this film.
The Nerd girl saved this movie more than Paul Rudd did. I like Paul Rudd and felt he did his usual good job but the girl's acting was more impressive.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Somewhat annoying amount of woke product brands (coke and Hershey) being heavy focuses of scenes. Nerdy white guy has black girl love interest. They can't help themselves.

Wasn't too bad otherwise.

• 3Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I actually did not mind the black girl in this. She was, for lack of a better word, normal. They even made a joke slanted against wokeness when she made the crack about Gozer being progressive because Gozer is androgynous. She wasn't tremendous and she didn't step on the other characters at all. I actually felt all the cast did a decent job and the movie was pretty decently "woke free" for the most part (product placement aside, but that shit was in the originals too to a degree). I enjoyed the movie for what it was, a sort of soft reboot that hit all the right notes without shitting on the fans or source material. Paul Rudd and the Phoebe actress clearly were the best parts of the movie and I hope any potential sequels keep that dynamic going.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I thought this was really good. It's one of my favorite movies of the year.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Having read some more another reason was that including a physical copy would have involved paying those involved in the 2016 movie more due to contracts, but including a digital rights copy costs and pays them essentially nothing. Which I am wholly OK with.

I bet some bean-counter in the studio actually has the numbers on how much the 2016 movie cost this one in terms of revenue. They do screen testing and polling as part of the business and I'm sure they have a solid grasp on how many fans just dismissed this movie out of their hatred of the 2016 one.

I was one of them.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Somewhat annoying amount of woke product brands (coke and Hershey) being heavy focuses of scenes. Nerdy white guy has black girl love interest. They can't help themselves.

Wasn't too bad otherwise.
I really didn't find this movie that woke. Hollywood has put some stupidly woke shit out in the past decade, and I thought this movie was refreshingly mild on the woke scale.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

lol @ woke brands as a complaint. You new to media?

Companies pay shitloads of money to get their products into a movie or show. Radio dramas and tv shows are basically vehicles to sell commercials and product placements and it’s been that way for 100 years

If Coke offered you a million to gleefully drink a coke on live TV and enjoy it, you’d be guzzling that shit.

• 3Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Ghostbusters, the original, was so woke with the Zeddemore diversity hire. What a terrible propaganda film. I'm shaking I'm so angry thinking about it.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Ghostbusters, the original, was so woke with the Zeddemore diversity hire. What a terrible propaganda film. I'm shaking I'm so angry thinking about it.
Lachius hacked DickTrickle's account.

Call me a bellweather and I'll KNOW you did!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Very very enjoyable. Felt a bit like a Ghostbusters/Goonies mashup at times. The use of the Ghostbusters theme throughout helped a lot. I wanted to hate Podcast but he was great. Worthy 3rd movie in the trilogy for sure.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Nerdy white guy has black girl love interest. They can't help themselves.

I literally can't even remember the black girl you're talking about. Whoever she was, her skin color was so unimportant that it wasn't worth remembering. You might be the one who can't help themselves.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I literally can't even remember the black girl you're talking about. Whoever she was, her skin color was so unimportant that it wasn't worth remembering. You might be the one who can't help themselves.
no, its a new pattern in movies where the white male leads only have interracial love interests. like Batman, Spiderman US Agent and Bucky in Falcon & WInter Soldier and even this kid in ghostbusters. basically a mirror image of the dumb shit they are doing in TV commercials. one time nobody cares. a few times you start noticing something odd. all the time and it becomes too obvious to deny it. it just gets tiresome and and is now a trope. congrats on making interracial relationships a plot device.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I guess that's all part of ending the black race by breeding it out of existence.

Congrats on uncovering yet another jewish plot. Make sure your tinfoil hat doesn't have an antenna on it. That just makes it easier for the jews to mind control you.

foil-hat-on-white-background-260nw-1698673957.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

50bbe27e20c9e1f0.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 5 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
no, its a new pattern in movies where the white male leads only have interracial love interests. like Batman, Spiderman US Agent and Bucky in Falcon & WInter Soldier and even this kid in ghostbusters. basically a mirror image of the dumb shit they are doing in TV commercials. one time nobody cares. a few times you start noticing something odd. all the time and it becomes too obvious to deny it. it just gets tiresome and and is now a trope. congrats on making interracial relationships a plot device.
You left out Dune.

It is indeed becoming a rather obnoxious pattern. There is nothing wrong with a white person falling in love with a black person. It is however in reality a fairly rare occurrence simply due to how people tend to group together. We notice the pattern because of its rarity in reality. Hollywood in all its political glory has chosen to embrace the idea to a point of exaggeration. I do not mind, but I also do not like a narrative being forced down my throat just because I enjoy a particular subject for entertainment.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
For dune the color of chani`s skin was more appropriate ones for a fremen. Imo fremen skin tone should be a "swarthy arabic" skin tone which is close to hers, the guy Paul killed was way to dark. Most of the fremen seen are too light or too dark.

And I have noticed the interracial bias in relationships. But this one wasn't bad. The boy is 15 she was cute hormones win no matter the color of skin.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Finally. I have been waiting almost 38 years for someone to say this. Why did you make me wait so long?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity